John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 06:22:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my buddys asteroids monitor problem - update problem fixed  (Read 2304 times)
lojack

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2014, 01:25:17 pm »

hi all

my buddy has an asteroids.  monitor is having a strange problem.  not sure what is causing the letters to slant.  here is a pic.  all help would be greatly appreciated.

Defender monitor model is:

38 G07-904-00
19VJTP22
Serial # 9-500927

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcwrgr8lefjlgrp/IMG_3180.JPG
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:27:17 am by lojack » Logged

vids: MKI-IV, KI 1&2, Cocktail centipede, Street Fighter 2, Space Invaders Deluxe, Asteroids Deluxe, Tekken 4&5 and Soul Calibur 2
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 01:57:03 pm »

that is a strange problem. Are all of the lines in the game slanted like that too?

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
lojack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 02:09:22 pm »

this is the monitors:
Electrohome G05-801

i can only tell that with the score.  he says that he tweaks the pot for it and it comes back.  i will try and clean the pot this week for him. 

vids: MKI-IV, KI 1&2, Cocktail centipede, Street Fighter 2, Space Invaders Deluxe, Asteroids Deluxe, Tekken 4&5 and Soul Calibur 2
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 02:38:59 pm »

Try turning down the brightness or contrast on the monitor chassis. Could be blooming?
lojack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 07:04:02 am »

well i cleaned the brightness and contrast pots and re adjusted them.  still no luck.  i wonder if it is the Y amplification.  has anyone ever adjusted this on this type of monitor.  i tried to adjust but they were siliconed (lack of a better word) in place.

thanks

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 08:44:59 am »

well i cleaned the brightness and contrast pots and re adjusted them.  still no luck.  i wonder if it is the Y amplification.  has anyone ever adjusted this on this type of monitor.  i tried to adjust but they were siliconed (lack of a better word) in place.

thanks

You just gotta break the glue.
lojack

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 09:58:42 am »

John with your monitor success, have you have adjusted the x or y amplication pots.  is there a reason why there are 2 pots for each?

lojack

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 11:27:59 am »

so couldnt figure it out.  took it to a local repairman.  it was the xy deflection board. 

jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2014, 02:00:49 pm »

The whole board or something specific that you can share.
lojack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 06:11:49 pm »

i think the tech replaced the entire board, but i will email him to see if it was a specific part that went bad or he just swapped it out.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: