John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 01:51:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ms Pacman coctail right side of screen trapazoid fix??  (Read 2215 times)
Oldschool

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:03:09 am »

So I just completed the Bob Roberts Cap Kit on my Ms Pac man cocktail. I did all the caps, and the Flyback (I didn't do the HOT because I forgot until after it was all reinstalled). And nothing changed, which I'm OK with because the picture looked crisp and bright prior to doing the cap kit (after I fixed my convergence issues). However, the right side of my screen (technically the right/bottom horizontal side even though it's technically "vertical" as you play the game) is ever so slightly squished like an isosceles trapezoid (See pic). It's especially noticeable on the scrolling marquee during attract mode since it's supposed to be a perfect rectangle. I haven't adjusted anything yet because I'm not sure what adjustment effects that.

It's a G07-CBO and it did this before I did the cap kit too. It's not horrible, but if it's an easy adjustment I'd like to tweak it since everything else is so perfect.

Thanks!

« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 09:05:50 am by Oldschool » Logged
Oldschool

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 09:04:03 am »

In addition, I didn't do the C501 upgrade. (Also forgot to do so, but I still have the cap for the upgrade).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:09:29 am by Oldschool » Logged
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 03:37:23 pm »

start with the mod.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Oldschool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 03:37:43 pm »

start with the mod.

Just got done doing the mod, it didn't seem to make any difference.  Sad
VertexGuy
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 03:54:02 pm »

If I got a cocktail with a G07 I would have changed the flyback along with the caps
right off the bat (not saying this is the problem) but knowing how those flybacks are .
better safe than sorry
Oldschool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 05:32:42 pm »

If I got a cocktail with a G07 I would have changed the flyback along with the caps
right off the bat (not saying this is the problem) but knowing how those flybacks are .
better safe than sorry

I did. I did the fly back, the hot, the caps and now the c303 mod. Like I said it's not horrible and is really only noticeable when in attract mode and the scrolling marquee is up. I'm willing to with it if I need to.

I wonder if it could be a board related issue. When I pull up the grid in test mode everything looks great.
VertexGuy
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 06:54:08 pm »

what about the power caps on the board?
Oldschool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 07:19:16 pm »

what about the power caps on the board?

Good call no I didn't do those. I guess it's cheap enough it's worth a shot! Does anyone other then Bob sell the kit since he's closed at the moment?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 07:29:04 pm by Oldschool » Logged
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 08:24:53 am »

The power caps you can pick up loose from places like twistywrist.com or other arcade vendors. No one packs filter caps with kits.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Oldschool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 12:50:40 pm »

The power caps you can pick up loose from places like twistywrist.com or other arcade vendors. No one packs filter caps with kits.

Thanks Ian, I picked up the kit, and the Free play chip!!

I wish I had done my homework about the free play chip before I drilled a spot on the underside of the control panel on my cocktail and installed a credit button. Live and learn I guess.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: