John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 11:27:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SF][ mainboard - what's missing ?!@#&%*?  (Read 2284 times)
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« on: May 04, 2014, 06:32:19 pm »

I found this mainboard I forgotten about I've had it since the street fighter 2 heyday

what is it missing to be complete ?

Tighe

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 06:53:35 pm »

It is missing the A board. You have the b and c board.
VertexGuy
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 11:10:01 pm »

and I think it uses a kick harness
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 12:04:35 am »

if I remember correct, it came out of a converted cab, so it wasn't a factory SF2 , it has the glitches in the ver. of the roms it did the handcuffs, resets & invisible throws ...

with the sentimental value I have into it, I guess I am going to be looking for a cabinet for it in the near future, so at a minimum I should be looking for the A board portion...
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 09:19:49 am »

if I remember correct, it came out of a converted cab, so it wasn't a factory SF2 , it has the glitches in the ver. of the roms it did the handcuffs, resets & invisible throws ...

aah one of the rainbow rom hacks?

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 02:17:00 pm »

no these are factory CAPCOM glitches in SF2 that were corrected in " Champion Edition " 

they only worked with Guile...

back in the day they were seen as " special moves " if you new how to execute them, you were pretty much untouchable...

" handcuffs "  stuck the other fighter to you, as if you had them under control hence the name handcuffs... you could do two things before time ran out... release them with a throw or reset the game... if you failed to do either before the timer runs out... the game is stuck in limbo with the two stuck together until a hard reset of the machine is done...

this video shows both mostly... not many know about turning off the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09zkzKHXyhE

" invisible throw " is just that... Guile performs a mime like rope tug move from a distance and the opposing fighter is thrown... all done from a distance, done 4 times in a round and you beat your opponent...

its all done with a combination of joystick and button moves, kinda cheap... but if you knew what you were doing, it was like you were the master of the game... ( at least in so-cal in the 1990's )  Cool

pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 12:26:03 pm »

ok, so I got my missing A board and a few extras for backup, some minor issues ( sound or video ) but I figure they will make for good wall art...

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 02:49:48 am »

ok, so I got my missing A board and a few extras for backup, some minor issues ( sound or video ) but I figure they will make for good wall art...

wow that's an awesome site to see. all world warrior huh? i really want a world warrior board... i have a champion edition and i am looking for a set of the three EPROM chips that I can re-write the data and make Hyper Fighter

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
VertexGuy
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 10:11:26 pm »

wow that's an awesome site to see. all world warrior huh? i really want a world warrior board... i have a champion edition and i am looking for a set of the three EPROM chips that I can re-write the data and make Hyper Fighter

I only have one of those original boardsets.. and everything works
alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 03:55:46 am »

alright guys I want to find out if you guys have a "CPS DASH" "A-Board", that is the bottom board. CPS DASH boards had a white sticker visible and ran at 12mhz while older motherboards ran at 10mhz.  my board has a DASH A board which means it runs Hyper Fighter at full speed and Champion Edition runs properly

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: