John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:34:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So what's everyone working on?  (Read 4426 times)
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2014, 12:19:46 pm »

I thought it might be fun to make a topic where you can post your projects. before and after photos and a story with them. Though I should point out this is the general area ask for help in the proper "i need help with my game" section.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
UnwoundS3GA

I am otherwise known as Arcade Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 03:17:51 pm »

My Stargate Story  ;) - picked it up on the cheap with a conversion kit called "Strength & Skill" playing blind. Did a full rebuild on the G07 monitor and got the conversion game fully working.

Before:

After taking S&S side art off with a heat gun (A Great Success!):

After luckily getting a Marquee, Control Panel and working Stargate PCB with wiring harness that I did a lithium battery mod on.

Just needs a new Stargate CPO! Btw, if you saw in the pics, the side art is in AMAZING SHAPE!  Grin
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 03:41:13 pm »

Right now I'm doing an RF mod to a 48k ZX Spectrum + to bypass the modulator so that the unit runs on composite video .

Following this guide.

easy peasy.

So all you lovely Americans have no more excuses on not owning a ZX Spectrum... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dbNowKZ00g

I don't like the "no solder " method at all, but this guy makes it clear what everything does in a very British way.

John / Tighe, you'd eat this shit up and have so much fun.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 03:54:09 pm by lesoleil70 » Logged

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
VertexGuy
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 09:00:38 pm »

I building a carnevil , doing a vga conversion to my famicom . and wiring and programming a microsquirt and 8 injectors into a 40 year old intake used on a 55 chevy gasser.
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 02:02:54 am »

bad ass lets see that gasser project, I taught myself to drive in my friends '55 chevy 210 ( it had a 327 / rock crusher 4 speed on the floor with buckets an a 10 bolt  )

thinking of starting a theme cocktail project for the pad before football season, yet haven't settled on a cab style, so far my requirements are 8 way controls and a single button on each user cp... for the true classic games...
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 09:32:57 am »

Fixing U5000 in cruising world
Fixing Asteroids deluxe
fixing outrun2 monitor
attempting to fix ripper ribbit to salvage the monitor.
Fixing rowe change machine

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
BloodyCactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 10:11:49 am »

ongoing shit;

* building pinball electronics control system
* fix wonderboy pcb
* build GBA1000 motherboard (thylacine board + picasso ii board)
* finish c64 multi power supply / disk supply / bus switcher

--/\-[ A Pin Guy ]-/\--
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 01:40:28 pm »

#1 cleaning
#2 loading my car moving thursday july 31st
#3 being less stressed
#4 building up various collections when i have my own space.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
VertexGuy
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 10:35:21 pm »

Installed a microsquirt fuel injection management system , got it working on a 40 year old intake.  Idles nice, have to program it to idle after warmup. its 2 stage.

VertexGuy
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 10:37:43 pm »

bad ass lets see that gasser project, I taught myself to drive in my friends '55 chevy 210 ( it had a 327 / rock crusher 4 speed on the floor with buckets an a 10 bolt  )

thinking of starting a theme cocktail project for the pad before football season, yet haven't settled on a cab style, so far my requirements are 8 way controls and a single button on each user cp... for the true classic games...

TimeRunner

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 05:03:19 pm »

I've got a Millipede with a dim Matsushita TM202G nightmare monitor that I've been working on. I have a Wei-Ya chassis with a 19" tube standing by if I totally fail to bring it back, however. New CPO and I replaced the trackball rollers and lubed them up after a nice cleaning. One of my volcano buttons isn't lighting up but I'm sure I'll figure that out. I also bought the Multipede kit so I'll put that in there.

I also just bought a Capcom 1943 in a dynamo cab using the "buy a dead game and fix it" approach that John showed in one of his videos. Learning how to check voltages and check continuity prior to firing up a long dead game truly made it a breeze. It was completely missing the power cord so that was technically the main issue, although there were a lot of exposed patches in the 120V AC wiring that needed to be taken care of before I plugged in the monitor and PCB. I just need to fix a bent coin door and replace some of the buttons now. Not bad for a $100 investment!

In third place is a DOA Asteroids machine that I simply have in storage and haven't looked at. I hear it plays blind but I just carted it away and stored it until I can get my other two projects finished up. There's some ganky water damage on the lower side panels so I assume some sanding and repair is in order. The control panel was also a bit rusty so just a little love there and we're done.

I  think that's it for me. I also have a Final Fight in similar cab to the 1943 and the control panel and kick panel were removed by an operator and replaced with weird 3D steel plate sticker paper. Other than that the width is a little too wide but during my Millipede monitor fun I've learned enough where I feel like I can adjust the width down with multiple options (none of the potentiometers will help as it's already adjusted as narrow as it can go with those).

Good times!

VertexGuy
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 06:43:21 pm »

Today i spent some time putting the machines back together after the move.
http://youtu.be/87hzgMHXIYU?list=UUY-HatYPufjGE9Sd1hEhR6A

Pac man is backburner until i get a new board for it next week from TnT.

Carnevil is on hold til i get an empty cab for it.

Hgloth

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 12:51:18 am »

My plate is full!
Dig dug almost done with the cab, then it's all wiring and board...

Kickman, scan the art, needs board work, cab repair...

Vs castlvaina build.... The whole shabluie.

Spose to get my space invaders bezel from this old game end of August, 7 months running, have everything to start it, but have done nothing yet, hahahah

I'm picking up an elevator action Sunday, freakin excited!!!
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 09:33:43 pm »

PC10 dual monitor. electronics are fine except for the gun but needs some prettying up
VertexGuy
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 09:35:49 pm »

making, stripping and painting control panels..
this one rusted pretty bad and I had it in the sandblaster after I burned all the old shit off it,
http://youtu.be/7j_CZ-JaeTM
http://youtu.be/rYvZNxEkX14
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: