John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:54:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey John, What type of camera do you use for your videos!  (Read 3325 times)
Crazybanana

View Profile WWW
« on: October 27, 2013, 09:48:47 pm »

Was wondering what type of camera you use for your videos. we would like to make better videos for our used games
Thanks much
Sean
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:51:02 am »

I have the Sony HDR-PJ710 camera.  I bought mine as an open box model at Best Buy for about 50% off.
Crazybanana

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 01:37:41 pm »

awesome thanks  Grin
sewashburn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 07:50:20 am »

John, with the recent improvements to the quality of the videos on your YouTube channel in the past few months, have you upgraded your camera or is the upgrade on the YouTube side?
Red Dragon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 06:38:13 pm »

John, with the recent improvements to the quality of the videos on your YouTube channel in the past few months, have you upgraded your camera or is the upgrade on the YouTube side?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's a little of both? I believe the quality went up when Youtube started supporting the 60 FPS 1080P videos? For me it seems to bounce around also based on what I'm watching the videos on. Roku, Smart TV Apps and Smart Phone Apps tend to auto negotiate the quality based on performance (WiFi/Network wise) and even though I generally set them to the highest quality level if it's able to be configured it still doesn't always seem to work correctly.
offset

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 08:56:27 pm »

I only notice the improved quality with 60fps (1080p) when watching using a Google Chrome browser, not sure how many set top boxes support 60fps yet.
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 04:53:57 pm »

Now if only my local movie Theatre could support 4k 60FPS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: