John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:21:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: K6510 keys help  (Read 4415 times)
Purity

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2013, 05:44:14 pm »

I was wondering if a kind member would *lend* me a K6510 Nintendo Red Tent key please?

Unfortunately when I bought my Red Tent it came with no keys.  I have 5x K6510 locks, 1x Sega 5380 and 1 generic lock

If I can unlock the K6510 locks I'd be extremely happy

I will cover all postage costs etc, and return the key immediately after use

I'm based in the UK
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 07:52:16 pm »

I would suggest maybe drilling out the lock and replacing it but I've never done that. Someone should probably second this idea if its an actually good idea. The logic being if your going to replace the lock anyways...

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Purity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 03:08:35 am »

I would suggest maybe drilling out the lock and replacing it but I've never done that. Someone should probably second this idea if its an actually good idea. The logic being if your going to replace the lock anyways...

No problem drilling a lock or two, but not 7.

Plus K6510 locks are worth keeping :-)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 10:48:41 am »

Bob Roberts sells these keys now. At least that's my understanding.

http://www.therealbobroberts.net/
Purity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 11:00:29 am »

Thanks I'll check with Bob
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 11:44:58 am »

Just so you know...

You can't really open a Red Tent with just one key. You need two keys. The keys do not come out of the locks when the lock is unlocked. So, you need two keys to unlock both locks at the same time.

Thanks I'll check with Bob
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 01:00:55 pm »

theres 7 on them? I don't own a red tent that's why i ask.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
Purity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 01:03:39 pm »

Hey John, thanks.

Yup, I've been speaking to someone on Klov who made me aware that you need two keys

Avid_e_o_Gamer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 11:37:48 am »

Did you get your keys?
I bought mine on ebay  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360773654120?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_152wt_1362

The price for just the keys was almost the same price as a key set with cam lock so now I have a spare cam just in case one breaks Smiley
when I got my keys I opened mine up to find about $20 worth of coin all over the bottom of the unit as well as a key that works on all the doors hahahahah I have no idea how it was locked in there guess the owner locked the spare in the unit

and yes the coin drop doors run on there own set of keys and I have no idea about them I had one lock on one so I just drilled that one out

hope this helps Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: