John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:13:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fizgig's Restorations/Creations/Whatever  (Read 4329 times)
atariforever2002

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2013, 04:25:42 pm »

Ok. Not sure how anyone feels about what to call them and frankly couldn't care. All I want to know is where the hell are all these machines at and how can I go play them!!  I've asked him and for some reason he is being vague about it. (his prerogative of course)

Anybody have any idea? It's driving me crazy to see all these GREAT looking, fully functional machines and not being able to try them out!

IT'S NOT FAIR TO TEASE US WITH ALL HIS COOL TOYS AND THEN NOT SHARE THEM!!

rant over
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 07:43:11 pm »

Yea I'm a bit lost here. Who?

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 10:25:54 pm »

he's on KLOV and he is basically recreating/restoring every arcade game ever made. Smiley

IT's a bit controversial because he uses new cabinets with old parts.
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 11:04:06 pm »

he's on KLOV and he is basically recreating/restoring every arcade game ever made. Smiley

IT's a bit controversial because he uses new cabinets with old parts.

Oh, hmm yea I wouldn't so much call that restoration, but on the other hand where can one really draw the line from restoration and diy project? As a man who is trying to build his own games and amusement devices i can say on the score I'd lean heavily to there franken machines. Machines put together from machines from 10 different cabinets. While not exactly restorations I'd still call them neat.

But on the other hand restorations as we know them are in a way the flip side of the same coin. New parts with old cabinet, and not new cabinet with old parts.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
atariforever2002

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 10:26:23 pm »

Well, like I said, I don't really give a fork what everybody wants to call them, I just want to go play!!  ;)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: