John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:02:02 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wet warehouse  (Read 2729 times)
arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2015, 11:27:57 am »

A little background on this find.
My friend found a operator that is still in business after 45 years. He has several buildings that are mostly filled with jukeboxes and cherry machines with the occasional arcade machine. Most all the games were in really good shape. We was told that most of the classics were stored in a speakeasy up in the woods. The guy won this old bar in a poker game years ago. One of the employees offers to take us there
First off the building is about 200 yards off a main road just outside the city limits. Tracking through the mud we finally get there. When the guy opens the door instant excitement followed by quick disappointment!
10 years previous they had a bad ice storm that collapsed most of the roof. What wasn't in the direct weather was siting on carpet, thick carpet. Mushrooms are growing everywhere, And Rat shit and piss fill the air.
We saw piles of debri that was crumbled games almost melted looking. In the pile was a EDOT, domino man, several nintendos and a couple robotrons (my favorite game). Hopefully we can pull out a few of the complete cabs, pull parts from the rest and dig through the shit to find the parts from the melted games.
The biggest feat is getting them to the truck!
The guys price point has been 200 for cabs with monitors in them, even if no boards are there. I paid 100 for the DK cab, no boards just for the parts, knowing the cab was trash.
Knowing what he wants for the complete cabs, what would you guys do? I've heard lots of comments about saving cabs. When the wood crumbles in your hand it's a little far gone.

Otaku

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 11:42:04 am »

10 years of exposure to weather, and probably quite bad weather too? I don't even know if I'd trust the parts or boards, let alone the cabinets.  Shocked
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 12:26:45 pm »

This place sounds like a nightmare. I'd be worried for your health too. Smiley

I'd pick it though. Smiley Maybe just go through everything and grab what is still salvageable?
EDD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 01:54:20 pm »

I Would just pick for parts to sell. Im currently looking for dk and dkjr parts  Grin
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 02:19:21 pm »

If you found a DK in there I'd be interested in any of the following:

complete wire harness
DK serial number plate
wood coin box
original coin mechs
the metal bracket that holds the pcb to the cabinet wall
marquee/bezel

PM/email me I'd love to see pics on condition and talk price
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:33:08 pm by computerfixerguy » Logged
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 04:06:39 pm »

It's worth investigating, safely, you may find something of rarity or value that is worth saving.
I'm thinking games that are not in mame when I say this, you never know, the rest is just booty.
Those pictures are tragic though.
If it was me I'd take safety gear, minimum hard hat and safety shoes, good torch and a mobile phone, cordless screwdriver, hammer, wheelbarrow and a friend. Think village people...
I wish I could be there to see this, I'd love to pick through this place.

I'd be looking for boards, harnesses, control panels, coin doors, bezels and marquees.  Basically anything not wood.
Good luck, be safe.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 05:32:15 pm »

Yea I hope to pull all games that don't fall apart then strip the ones that do. Everything even harnesses.
Seems we always need harnesses for our Williams cabs. They either convert them or hack the wires to put a switcher in.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: