John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:10:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: conversions  (Read 1994 times)
jumback

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2015, 07:50:33 pm »

Although I don't like seeing classics converted into multi games or just plain bad games, is it accepted by collectors to convert games or empty cabinets to other games of the same manufacturer?  Example, robotron in a joust cabinet or discs of tron from a tron. I personally wouldn't convert a working game but if you cant find a specific title and can acquire the components to build one from another I feel it's ok. What are your opinions on this?
darkcat1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 09:29:09 am »

alot of people hate conversions.  That said there are some kit only games that I wouldn't mind having...

If at all posible I like to restore it to orignal unless it's a game I really want...
Danny Ogg

Hi im Dan from Sweden!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 05:40:00 pm »

I own a conversion, but it's in a JK (JK is Danish, short for Generic Cab) and these are woodgrain or singel colour cabs with no marque that were sold in Skandinavia during the late eighties-80-erly 90. These cabs had JK own harness with a Jamma converter from the factory and no games (from what i heard) and most of them was converted to Neo Geo or poker cabs later on. Mine is Neo Geo. It believe that Dynamo Cabs were also cabs that were sold like this from the factory?
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 08:10:28 pm »

There was a Golden Tee game I saw that was converted to a Shooting game. It was a pretty fun game and I would much rather have the Shooting game vs Golden Tee. I also think Silver Strike Bowling is only available for Golden Tee conversion and a Shuffle Alley conversion for Golden Tee. I don't feel like people will be offended if you convert a Golden Tee. But I would not convert a good classic game.
jumback

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 11:50:14 pm »

My main reason for asking was because I have a empty gravitar cabinet I was thinking turning into a space dual. I already have a gravitar so I don't need another one. I think once im finished with it I won't mind as much.
skykid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 03:52:25 am »

it's yours, at the end of the day  ;)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: