John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:43:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the forum and the hobby  (Read 1228 times)
Andyzola87

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2016, 07:13:10 pm »

Hey guys,
Just starting collecting pinball machines and arcade cabinets about 4 months ago. I'm already at 5 arcade cabinets and 1 pinball machine. My first purchase with my Police Force pinball machine. Everything was working and had some broken ramps. I've since replaced the ramps with new ones and installed LEDs on the machine. Went through and re-heated the boards and replaced some molex connectors. Game is running good and is currently for sale but I enjoy it.

My next purchase was a Taito double dragons cabinet that had MK3U installed on it. Cabinet was not powering on when I purchased from a pawn shop here in my town. I replaced the power supply, cleaned a few switches and had the thing up and running in about 30 minutes. last week I purchased a working MK1 cab with 3 working jamma boards and I sound board. The boards I got with this cab were MK2 MK3U and MK4. I got the sound board for MK1 but don't have the game board, so I'm on the search for one of those at the moment. The cabinet was in rough shape as well and is currently in my garage getting body work done to it. I picked up the MK1 cab with all 4 boards from a small town about 2 hours away from me.

My most recent and largest purchase was today. I picked up a working "Unknown at the moment" cabinet with Aero fighters installed on it, a NBA Jam Tournament Edition(has moniter problems), and an OutRun cabinet with unknown problems. The cabinets on these 3  machines are in great condition, and I'm hoping I can get them up and running with minimal work, but we shall see. I'm going to pick up these 3 cabs tomorrow and start digging into them once I get them home.

I did not expect myself to get so hooked on this hobby. I'm more interested in pinball machines then video game cabs, but unfortunately cheap pins are hard to come by and I don't have a ton of money to spend, so I just look for cheap machines that I can fix and flip to help me afford some of the better pins that are out there.

Anyways, glad to be a part of this forum and will be asking a lot of questions in the future. Looks forward to talking with all of you who share this same passion
jtslade

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 10:17:22 pm »

Welcome to the hobby, find a local support group.jk. I mean group of collectors to buy from.. Quality is easier to gain at better prices..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: