John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 03:57:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donkey kong jr cocktail  (Read 6056 times)
zds76

View Profile
« on: March 10, 2014, 06:24:30 pm »

Ive been wanting a or DKjr or both. Really like the idea of the DKjr and this mod (https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?action=url&page=prod/ddk/ddk.html) So it will play DKjr and DK. I found this which seems to be a good price. (http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/vgm/4368223771.html)But and there is always one of those running around. I don't really like the cocktail look. I wanted to take all the internals of this and put in my Nintendo Vs Golf cab Im sure it was probably a DK something once in its life. So
1. Can I put this cocktail into my N. Vs cab?
2. Would I have to change out all the wires and monitor?
3. For the Dkjr/DK mod is there a certain board I would need to make sure this has?
4. Am I just trying to be a fool for trying this?
5. Anything I should ask or know about before I attempt to buy this? Not sure how long it will last at this price. Thx guys.

Sorry forgot to ask. How do you open this bad boy up? they say they lost the key so Im betting it can be opened?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 06:32:51 pm by zds76 » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 08:08:26 pm »

Ive been wanting a or DKjr or both. Really like the idea of the DKjr and this mod (https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?action=url&page=prod/ddk/ddk.html) So it will play DKjr and DK. I found this which seems to be a good price. (http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/vgm/4368223771.html)But and there is always one of those running around. I don't really like the cocktail look. I wanted to take all the internals of this and put in my Nintendo Vs Golf cab Im sure it was probably a DK something once in its life. So
3. For the Dkjr/DK mod is there a certain board I would need to make sure this has?
5. Anything I should ask or know about before I attempt to buy this? Not sure how long it will last at this price. Thx guys.

Sorry forgot to ask. How do you open this bad boy up? they say they lost the key so Im betting it can be opened?

Just keep in mind the double donkey kong board is a DK Jr. modified board and the mario walking sounds in DK are the same DK JR. vine slipping sounds. It would drive me mad.
UnwoundS3GA

I am otherwise known as Arcade Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 10:58:37 pm »

Just keep in mind the double donkey kong board is a DK Jr. modified board and the mario walking sounds in DK are the same DK JR. vine slipping sounds. It would drive me mad.
I know right!?!?!?! I never cared for the DK walking sounds that are the jr vines either! I would rather put two board sets in one cab than that...
zds76

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 01:23:52 pm »

aside for the sounds How hard woudl it be to put the cocktail Dkjr into the Nintendo Vs? Is all the wiring differnet or is there a DKjr to VS. adapter?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 03:17:50 pm »

aside for the sounds How hard woudl it be to put the cocktail Dkjr into the Nintendo Vs? Is all the wiring differnet or is there a DKjr to VS. adapter?

Nintendo Vs. is a different wiring scheme.

There is an adapter:

http://cambridgearcade.dyndns.org/?q=node/86

zds76

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 01:24:54 pm »

Picked up the DKjr cocktail. I was suprised at how clean it actually was I think I over paid but thats another story. Now I need to get rid of my coffee table and put this in its place.
UnwoundS3GA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 05:33:40 am »

Sweet!  ;) So are you not going to put it in your Nintendo VS. ?
zds76

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 11:14:29 am »

Its starting to grow on me. So for now its going to stay. Its super clean. It looks brand new was from an estate sale very little wear. Im going to change the roms in my Vs Golf to a Vs Super Mario. Golf just isnt all that fun. Im looking to do a Goldentee / Silver Strike similar to John's that was very cool and very nice grafix. I have a goldentee 2k and a world class bowling that Im going to sell to pay for the GT4/ SS.
UnwoundS3GA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 03:06:21 pm »

Its starting to grow on me. So for now its going to stay. Its super clean. It looks brand new was from an estate sale very little wear. Im going to change the roms in my Vs Golf to a Vs Super Mario. Golf just isnt all that fun. Im looking to do a Goldentee / Silver Strike similar to John's that was very cool and very nice grafix. I have a goldentee 2k and a world class bowling that Im going to sell to pay for the GT4/ SS.
That sounds good!  ;) I love having my games original. (original cabinet..etc.)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: