John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 12:13:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NECK BONES AND GRAVY !  (Read 1490 times)
STEVESPEEZE
« on: March 09, 2014, 10:05:13 am »

ok well I meant NECK BOARDS......
those little treats that plug into the back of a monitor tube to power the guns.

This question pertains to both a EZ20 and G07 monitor.

Do any of the components on those boards go weak or bad?
I figure since im recapping them both I thought id ask.

another thing (this was in another topic)  with 3 bad caps , and I mean they were literally rotting off...
the audio still worked...  this is why I ask should I be checking other caps inside a machine other than
a monitor chassis?  I mean even if the gameboard works would I still be checking KNOWN to be bad caps?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 10:10:23 am »

those little treats that plug into the back of a monitor tube to power the guns.

another thing (this was in another topic)  with 3 bad caps , and I mean they were literally rotting off...
the audio still worked...  this is why I ask should I be checking other caps inside a machine other than
a monitor chassis?  I mean even if the gameboard works would I still be checking KNOWN to be bad caps?

On some models like the K7000s you'll have issues with the traces and the color transistors. There is sometimes a cap or two that gets replaced on them during a cap kit. On Sanyos and G07's I have never had neck board issues. CROSS FINGERS!
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 11:34:45 am »

Pots can go bad but that isn't usually a big .

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 07:16:49 pm »

Pots can go bad but that isn't usually a big .

Ive already learned that with a red cut off adjuster on a k7000...

you know while im asking.. and this happens with most of the older jamma boards and alittle with the cps2.

At the very top of the monitor the image appears to be pulling to the right.
like where the scores are. this is seen on my k7000 that came in the mk cab.
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 07:29:57 pm »

John on the two parts you mentioned for the k7000 can you point out what rating they are and the locations they go please , id like to swap those out.

On some models like the K7000s you'll have issues with the traces and the color transistors. There is sometimes a cap or two that gets replaced on them during a cap kit. On Sanyos and G07's I have never had neck board issues. CROSS FINGERS!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: