John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 11:07:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GO7 19" White line across screen.  (Read 1807 times)
jasonsmith

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2014, 07:35:48 pm »

I get a white line that goes across the very top of my screen. It does NOT appear on any maze screen, just the intro screen and the level transition screens.

I have done a cap kit, I have played with my adjustments except the horizontal width pot.

I have just a bit more than 1" of non used space on the top and bottom of the screen and just less than an inch on each side if that matters.

I figured I would ask before I mess up what is an otherwise perfect screen setup.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85675826/2014-02-22%2016.26.32s.jpg
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:47:39 pm by jasonsmith » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 12:29:16 pm »

I get a white line that goes across the very top of my screen. It does NOT appear on any maze screen, just the intro screen and the level transition screens.

I have done a cap kit, I have played with my adjustments except the horizontal width pot.

I have just a bit more than 1" of non used space on the top and bottom of the screen and just less than an inch on each side if that matters.

I figured I would ask before I mess up what is an otherwise perfect screen setup.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85675826/2014-02-22%2016.26.32s.jpg

Wow, that's an odd one! It seems like it's a PCB issue since it comes and goes? I would think that if it's a monitor issue it would always be there regardless of what's going on in the game. No? Bad Ram?
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:41:42 pm »

Running the test all is well, no errors at all. I agree though, it is a strange one would like it gone though.
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 11:51:25 pm »

what would cause the same type of monitor to say.. make a game play blind?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 10:59:40 am »

what would cause the same type of monitor to say.. make a game play blind?

anything that would kill the monitor will make a game play blind.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 11:38:02 am »

Wow, that's an odd one! It seems like it's a PCB issue since it comes and goes? I would think that if it's a monitor issue it would always be there regardless of what's going on in the game. No? Bad Ram?

I'm just realizing, looking back at photos and videos is that the line wasn't there before I did the cap and B+ adjustment. After I did the cap kit the monitor needed some tweaking, mostly the brightness and the red. After that the screen picture was small so searching around I found Bobs page that showed the B+ voltage check. Checked it and it was super low at only 103v so bumped it up to 120v and the picture filled the screen better but not fully.

Maybe I just need to expand the image to the edges??
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 06:55:29 pm »

Now I'm noticing that it comes and goes away entirely. For one of my start ups today I never saw the line at all, other power off/on I did see it. Still never see it on a maze screen.
STEVESPEEZE
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 07:48:40 pm »

Now I'm noticing that it comes and goes away entirely. For one of my start ups today I never saw the line at all, other power off/on I did see it. Still never see it on a maze screen.

You might have to get your main board looked at.
jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 08:26:26 pm »

I'd rather diagnose it myself. I have no problem working on it but the troubleshooting part is what I need help with. I'll look through some of the manuals and see what I can find. I haven't done a cap kit on the board, curious if that would help at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: