John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 09:13:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GO7 picture distortion  (Read 3762 times)
Servo

How do i get more then one star above my picture?

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2014, 10:04:54 pm »

Hi all,

I have a GO7 13" in a pac man mini and im getting a lot of curling on the right edge of the screen. is this just in need of a new cap kit or is it something else. any help would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqmH4RYZTWI&feature=youtu.be

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member"    Groucho Marx
arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:32:22 pm »

No worse than that is, If it wont adjust maybe adjust the screen to the left slightly or shrink a tad.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 09:42:36 pm »

G07's are known for this curl. If you didn't do a cap kit yet, do one now. However, it might not remove it 100%. My Frogger had a nasty curl after I capped it. It took a lot of careful adjustments with the pots to get it out. My Pac-Man has a curl on the right when I turn it on. After it warms up, it goes away. I have no idea, I capped it.

Read this too!:

http://homearcade.org/BBBB/g07notes.html

This is what I had to do with my FROGGER: "Fifth.. after reinstallation of the chassis adjust the H hold for a center point without the curl."
arcadefan1985

Williams Collector

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 10:27:47 pm »

I hear there is a 5 watt resistor on the neck board that will remove the curl. I haven't tried it yet.
found this: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,45704.0.html
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:44:50 pm by arcadefan1985 » Logged

jasonsmith

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 10:48:53 pm »

Hey , my 19" GO7 had this issue. Doing a cap kit fixed about 70% of it. Then checking the B+ voltage and adjusting it to the 120volts fixed the rest. Do your cap kit first though before adjusting the voltage, I had one leaking cap and 4 others that were DOA. My voltage was only 103v but I suspect if I would have adjusted it up to 120v a few more would have popped. After the adjustment though it looks like a new monitor, amazing how important voltage is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: