John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 11:00:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prologue to a DK Jr. Restore  (Read 1414 times)
MechaGregor_

"You Gotta Do It Right!"

View Profile WWW
« on: July 21, 2015, 01:23:19 pm »

Alright guys, so in the next few weeks I will have a Jr. cabinet in my possession. This will be the first game I will ever be bringing into my home, as well as my first restore. I'm gonna go head on into the hobby, trial by fire. Anyway, I will have a couple more pictures later tonight, but here is a few pics of the cab. I'm assuming getting the machine working will be step one. So he said he may have an extra power supply so I will obviously need a monitor control panel bezel and most of all the PCB. So here are some pictures. Anyone that can point in the right direction to start will be great thanks!!

lacerta1974

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 03:30:58 pm »

You could post in the For Sale/Wanted section to see what people may have for you out there.  There's a few places you could get some of the parts you need online.  I like using MikesArcade.com.  They have quite a bit of what you'll need.  I could help you with making a new control panel...the part the control panel overlay goes on.  You can check out some pics I have of some of that in a post I put up in the For Sale/Wanted section...I think I called it something like Nintendo Reproduction parts.  I could also help you with other wooden cabinet parts.  I usually start with getting the electronics working first like you said.
MechaGregor_

"You Gotta Do It Right!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 05:00:12 pm »

Thanks! I just posted it over there. I'm pretty much trying to price out the restore before it gets here, so I can get busy as soon as possible. I know it will take me a few months due to this being my first time, and finances, but I want to know where to start so I can start piecing it together. Again Thanks!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: