John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 20, 2024, 09:51:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Woodbury, MN  (Read 2004 times)
Cyborg2000

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2013, 11:19:01 pm »

Hello Everyone from Woodbury Minnesota.  I have been dabbling in the arcade game collecting arena for over 15 years.  My first game was a Space Firebird which I always thought was cool because it was a Nintendo branded board in a Sega branded cabinet.  I sold off most of my collection about 7 years ago, but now am getting back into the hobby.  I am a big fan of Nintendo Cabinets and games, and recently finished a Red Tent restore.  This is what brought me to John's Arcade - and I have watched every video here, many of them multiple times.  I look forward to posting on this forum, answering any questions I can, and getting to know all of you.  Thanks to John for the great site! 

Wayne (Cyborg2000)

lordkahless214

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 01:01:51 am »

Greetings Wayne, I am new here myself.
I used to Live in Rochester, MN and I loved it, wouldn't have moved away if I didn't have to. there are lots of games to find if you look around, and once you get back into full collecting mode it will be hard to stop. As for me I'm counting down to next year when I should have some more disposable income so I can finally pick up a Neo Geo MVS and a Pacman

Hope you have fun!
Matt
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 01:20:23 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 09:13:36 am »

Hello Everyone from Woodbury Minnesota.  I have been dabbling in the arcade game collecting arena for over 15 years.  My first game was a Space Firebird which I always thought was cool because it was a Nintendo branded board in a Sega branded cabinet.  I sold off most of my collection about 7 years ago, but now am getting back into the hobby.  I am a big fan of Nintendo Cabinets and games, and recently finished a Red Tent restore.  This is what brought me to John's Arcade - and I have watched every video here, many of them multiple times.  I look forward to posting on this forum, answering any questions I can, and getting to know all of you.  Thanks to John for the great site! 

Wayne (Cyborg2000)

Thanks for joining the site and watching the vids!
Cyborg2000

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2013, 09:39:43 pm »

Greetings Wayne, I am new here myself.
I used to Live in Rochester, MN and I loved it, wouldn't have moved away if I didn't have to. there are lots of games to find if you look around, and once you get back into full collecting mode it will be hard to stop. As for me I'm counting down to next year when I should have some more disposable income so I can finally pick up a Neo Geo MVS and a Pacman

Hope you have fun!
Matt

My wife is from Rochester and so we are there all the time.  Love that town.  And now that Mayo is going to do a HUGE expansion, the town is ready to explode!

Both a Neo Geo and a Pac Man are on my list also.   You are right, once I've started again, its become an....obsession! 
RetroArcade

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 12:13:27 pm »

Welcome!
Flynn's will live again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 11:07:20 pm »

I've had a multicade and an EM Pinball for sometime. I recently decided to purchase an original pole position. And I'm super happy that I did. The monitor was gone so I have to figure out the Hz issue there with LCD while I find a CRT, but I'm already obsessed. I'm picking up a Tetris arcade machine game i hope on Sunday as well. Think its  going to be a great learning experience and can't wait to delve Into it more!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:38:22 am by Flynn's will live again! » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: