John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:00:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shane from North Carolina  (Read 1565 times)
Shamo

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:37:48 pm »

Hey guys,

I have been a serious gaming enthusiast ever since the mid 80's. Mainly sticking to early consoles like the NES and Genesis. Over the last 6 months I have been getting more into arcade gaming.

Two months ago I bought my first cabinet, a Romstar Ghosts'n Goblins that was said to be non operational. I was going to buy it for $100 and turn it into a mame cab. However, when I arrived at the guys house he said he plugged it in and it is working fine. Probably some intermitant wiring problem. Instead of going back on our he still gave me the cabinet for $100. Knowing nothing about arcade cabinets I just opened it up wiggled any loose wires and have never seen the problem since. I decided to not hack up a working 1986 cabinet up, rather I decided to restore it.

All it really needs is a Plexi Bezel (repro one costs $55), new Plexiglass (slightly scratched), and a little touch up painting.

In addition, In a few days I am about to purchase my 2nd Machine, a upright. I am really excited about it, monday cant get here fast enough. I am getting the machine fully operational for $400. It just has some minorish cosmetic problems that can be fixed. Here are the pics:

This is basically the worst of it right here. Any suggestions what to do about the bolts when I put on new side art?

Thanks for reading, I look forward to talking and discussions with you guys soon.
RushDude2112

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 07:05:37 pm »

Sweet machines!!! Thats the first time i have seen a Romstar Ghost and Goblins. Very nice find for $100.00. And welcome to the forum
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 06:39:46 pm »

Welcome to the site! Sweet Ghosts and Goblins! Cool game for sure!
bhodie13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 03:27:37 pm »

Nice find indeed!   Why is it all the games seem to be on the east coast...ughh the shipping cost.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: