John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:18:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pac-man wiring questions  (Read 2185 times)
Bach730

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2014, 10:05:46 am »

My upright has the original Iso transformers but the large yellow ground running from the 240v Iso isn't grounded anywhere. I thought I saw a pic of another machine where that was the case also, but it doesn't seem right. Any ideas on that?

Also, I have what looks to be a ground and another wire that are not connected (see pic). They appear to be either part of the marquee or the on/off switch on top of the cab. I haven't taken all this apart yet so I don't know for sure. Any help on that would be appreciated too!
Bach730

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 10:15:31 pm »

Can anyone at least tell me where the yellow/green wires from the marquee attach to the power?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 05:59:20 pm »

if no one answers this question for you by this weekend i can. I'll be moving my games.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Bach730

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 09:17:39 pm »

I finally got a reply from another board about the marquee wires. Still no answer on the ground strap though. Thanks!
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 04:29:25 pm »

The big wide yellow ground strap? It's part of a noise filter that everyone throws away. The noise filter goes between the main harness connector and the game PCB. If you have the filter there just get rid of it. Everyone always has trouble with it and you don't need it. If the filter is not there then just leave it like that and don't connect the ground to anything. Just tuck it away and tie it up so it doesn't come in contact with anything.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: