John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 05:35:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Atari Asteroids high pitch sound  (Read 1600 times)
shovelhead

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2015, 10:23:55 pm »

HI all,   I'm fixing up an Asteroids game and have everything pretty close to working except I'm getting a high pitch sound over the speakers with the regular game sounds.   It is driving me crazy so for now I unplug the speaker.   Here is what I have done so far on this item;  1. Inspected the door sensor or warning sensor for damage and or pinch or touching.   This Change door sensor is  not bent or touching and appears to be just fine.   2.  We tested a sound board off a working game and same result.

Any suggestion's would be appreciated.   I'm new to the forum but I've fixed this game up over 7 years ago and keep it going cause its a lot of fun.   
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 12:39:33 pm »

I wonder if its from the monitor. I am actually not too surehow to fix it right but a good place to start is to make sure everything is grounded included the monitor and coin door

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
shovelhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 07:28:35 pm »

thanks for your suggestion.
I sent some pics of the test screen to some folks and recorded the sound as well.   The Grounding could be an issue so Im checking that today.  The sound is a WARNING sound as if the Change door was having an issue.   
The change door is inactive now and possibly the power to it not being connected feeds the warning sound.   Ill look into this.
  thanks again.

ANY OTHER suggestions?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 08:24:30 am »

Saw your klov thread. I'm not too sure if its the AR2 or the slam switch. as you can actually play with the slam switch and get it to work right. Might be worth rebuilding the AR2

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: