John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 05:02:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arcade monitor problems  (Read 1476 times)
shawry905

View Profile
« on: November 14, 2015, 06:18:15 pm »

Hello, i have a brand new wei-ya arcade monitor think these are branded makvision in the us, anyway my issue is on powering the monitor there seems to be a vertical line running from top to bottom it seems to be a wavy line, now ive researched this and havent found a solution or any sort of information regarding this, now i did recently read on some forum that it could be a ground issue and i needed to ground the metal housing of the arcade monitor to the earth on the power supply then feed the earth wire to the ground which the jamma harness connects too i believe this fixes the herringbone effect, well after doing this the problem is still there so im completely lost
shawry905

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 06:28:31 pm »

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 06:36:54 pm by shawry905 » Logged
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 11:09:53 pm »

when grounding make sure you actually have ground. you have a grounded plug with the ground intact and verified connected?

I really don't know what that might be. the only thing that comes to mind is some kind of horizontal sync issue that is causing the raster to be 'off' but that sounds like bullshit even to me. Do you have a photo of a game installed?

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: