John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 08:40:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Atari Badlands pedal issues  (Read 1486 times)
BigCanTikiMan

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2015, 01:15:51 pm »

I been looking everywhere for badlands pedals cant find them anywhere. So i heard people using Road Blaster pedals but i got play around with the wiring. The Road blaster pedal has a potentiometer in it. i have it working but it is the opposite. When i press on the pedal it stops and when i let go it go's. Do i need to add another wire to it OR any good ideas will be a help?

badlands has 3 wires ground (to the pedal)/in/out
Manual http://www.atarigames.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80:badlands-game-manual&catid=7:game-manuals&Itemid=5

Road blaster has 4 ground(to the pedal)/In/Out/Ground (to the potentiometer)
Manual http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/R/Road%20BlastersReduced.pdf

Arcade Games - / Pacman / Centipede / Frogger / Defender / Popeye / Tetris / Badlands / Virtua Fighter / Street Fighter Alpha / Star War Trilogy / Gauntlet Dark Legacy / Arch Rivals / Neo Geo MVS 4slot / PlayChoice 10 /
Pins - Black Hole / Meteor
BigCanTikiMan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 10:34:09 pm »

I figure it out.

Road blaster pedal has 4 wires. ground (green), potentiometer In (red), potentiometer out (White) and potentiometer ground (black).

Bad lands is 3 wires. ground (green), in (purple/red) and out (blue).

The grounds go together (Green wires). Then hook up potentiometer in (red) to the in (purple/red). Last potentiometer out (White) and potentiometer ground (black) need to be put together with out (blue).

Arcade Games - / Pacman / Centipede / Frogger / Defender / Popeye / Tetris / Badlands / Virtua Fighter / Street Fighter Alpha / Star War Trilogy / Gauntlet Dark Legacy / Arch Rivals / Neo Geo MVS 4slot / PlayChoice 10 /
Pins - Black Hole / Meteor
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: