John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:27:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: $50 empty Ninetendo Cabinets NY  (Read 3608 times)
yks104

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2014, 03:06:09 am »

These aren't mine, saw them on Craigslist. Not a bad if anyone is looking for a project, maybe a DK? Might grab one myself but it's probably a little beyond my ability!

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/vgm/4558016972.html
UnwoundS3GA

I am otherwise known as Arcade Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 10:33:08 pm »

Wish I was closer!  Shocked I have most of the things to make a DK Jr. but no cab. Undecided
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:53:15 am »

Anybody wanna pick one of these up and come visit me in Illinois? haha
DeLuSioNaL29

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 01:31:42 pm »

I paid this guy a visit.  Grabbed the empty DK Jr cabinet and a non-working Centipede he had.  They're in good hands.  :-)

DeLuSioNaL29
UnwoundS3GA

I am otherwise known as Arcade Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 02:31:41 pm »

I paid this guy a visit.  Grabbed the empty DK Jr cabinet and a non-working Centipede he had.  They're in good hands.  :-)

DeLuSioNaL29
Nice, what's your plans with them? You going to restore the JR.?
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 03:00:35 pm »

DeLuSioNaL29

Are you able to put up a quick vid on your channel?

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
DeLuSioNaL29

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 05:06:53 pm »

I need to buy a new HD camera first.  :-)  My previous one was stolen.  Angry

For the Nintendo cab, I plan to definitely do a restore.  Haven't decided on whether to do , Jr. or maybe even a Fix It Felix replica.  I'm leaning more towards the Jr only because I like the orange color over the light blue.  Actually, I'd prefer Mario Bros but I'm not sure if there are "normal" body parts for that (I thought they were only "wide" body).  I don't have a CP yet so it may be possible to make it Mario Bros with 2 players.  I may go the MAME route TEMPORARILY until I can save enough for a genuine board/ parts, etc.  It's tough because there's NOTHING in the cab at the moment, which means it will get expensive.

Anyone know if they make Multi-Nintendo boards out there? I think there's a DK/DK Jr/Mario Bros board that was in a 25" cabinet.  That would be awesome if I stumbled across that.  My buddy has the DKII kit for his , but I'd want a DK Jr in there too.  Arcade SD is an option with only Nintendo Games enabled too.  Hmmm.

As for the Centipede, I will probably work on that first, since I have most of the parts.  I am working on rebuilding the trackball at the moment.  Easy stuff.  The monitor and boards are a different story...

D
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: