John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:40:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PCB  (Read 3459 times)
DJT

View Profile
PCB
« on: December 10, 2011, 10:19:12 am »

Any reason why there is a slot for 2 AA batteries on the PCB is that for saving high scores? If so, does that work for every game plugged in the PCB?
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 05:59:55 pm »

Any reason why there is a slot for 2 AA batteries on the PCB is that for saving high scores? If so, does that work for every game plugged in the PCB?

The AA batteries are for book keeping. They do not save scores. Remove them. You do not need them for any game at all.

However, Matt Osborn made a high-score save mod for VS. Super Mario that uses the batteries to save high scores. Check it out here:

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=176556
blantonwh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 06:52:34 am »

What happens if you remove the entire batter compartment from the board? Will the pcb have problems if that is done?
yocke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 07:54:11 am »

Nothing, have 4 board where the battery holder is gone!
blantonwh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 02:04:05 pm »

okay, thanks for the information. I had an issue with battery leakage and I had to remove the battery holder. Also, I have corrosion in that area and on one of the eprom sockets. I am trying to figure out if this could be causing my issues with non-working red tent that was working.

thanks again
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: