John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:32:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The best B-List pins?  (Read 7676 times)
PAPPYBALL

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 11:40:05 pm »

Of your list for me it's these 3:

World Cup Soccer 94

Johnny Nenomic

Road Show
ronsplooter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 05:38:51 pm »

NBA FASTBREAK! Smiley

That's C list dude  ;)  Grin

I would add Flintstones to this list....great game and can be had for cheap money here in the UK. Also pretty much any System 11 game is all good, some of my favs are:

Whirlwind
Swords of Fury
Rollergames
F14 Tomcat
Pinbot
Earthshaker
Space Station

And of course the king of all Sys11's....Banzai Run!!!! Although I don't think you can get one for under $2K  Smiley
PAPPYBALL

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 12:14:18 pm »

LOVE all sys. 11's!
MastarArcade

"Boomshakala!" ...?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 12:27:05 pm »

I'm gonna throw Fish Tales out there... partly because I own it, and regardless of whether you enjoy Fishing, its an enjoyable pin.

I've seen them range from $1500-$3000, pending condition.

Mastar's Arcade YouTube Channel

Games: FiFJr, Gyruss, OutRun
Pins: Black Knight, Fish Tales, Flash
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 02:12:05 pm »

I'm gonna throw Fish Tales out there... partly because I own it, and regardless of whether you enjoy Fishing, its an enjoyable pin.

I like Fish Tales! Worried the center ramp thing is a little repetitive though. Is it?
ronsplooter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 04:00:46 pm »

I like Fish Tales! Worried the center ramp thing is a little repetitive though. Is it?

I don't think so, you can get into a really good rhythm hitting each side back to back. Very satisfying if you can nail all the shots on the fly and then hit the left orbit to the monster fish at full value. That's a good alternative strategy for competition play if your struggling to get locks for multiball.
MastarArcade

"Boomshakala!" ...?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 09:28:55 pm »

The center ramp around the is a quick way pile up the points, but the real challenge is to increment the captive ball bonuses, which is done by looping the ball around the play field via the "long cast," and then targeting the captive ball. Doing that, in combination with trying to shoot the ball in to the "casters club" (ball lock) to queue up multi ball and go for jackpots makes for a hell of a challenge!

Mastar's Arcade YouTube Channel

Games: FiFJr, Gyruss, OutRun
Pins: Black Knight, Fish Tales, Flash
ravine

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 01:14:54 am »

Shadow def needs to make the list
webdoc90

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2014, 12:52:04 pm »

John,

You have to stop telling people what you are going after.  Seems like there are a ton of "I want one too", I understand those that already wanted it but it seems like when you are on the prowl there are more people looking for the same thing.  You'd be surprised of your influence.  I was after a WCS because I'm a huge soccer fan.  But now I'm sure the price will rise to over $3000 for a decent game. ;)  Examples are Journey, Thief, etc...  Love your shows.

Signed

Webdoc90 AKA the Stormin' Mormon.
ShaneBolda

Raise...

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2014, 02:33:04 pm »

this year my goal is to sell my Starship Troopers and pick up a Last Action Hero, Tales from the Crypt or... one I really want, RBION! I want an RBION so bad.

TALES FROM THE CRYPT! I was just thinking about that one while coming up with my lit in the other thread... My only concern is the laughing getting really obnoxious... But I do love TFTC!

RBION was one I was considering as well for my list as I use to go to the RBION in the Wisconsin Dells growing up almost every summer with my parents; so that was another one I thought I remembered being a good game and I also thought would be good for nostalgic reasons... Pretty sure my dad would enjoy it too...

Original 1981 Nintendo Radar Scope converted Cabinet (TKG2-UP-US #10377 - TKG3 Four Board Stack C1981 Nintendo w/ ladder bug - Original non-copyright dual-pane monitor bezel, original non-copyright CPO, re-pro side art, newer original copyright marquee)
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: