John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:03:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to start looking for a NBA Fastbreak.  (Read 1890 times)
Shooter

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2014, 02:45:28 pm »

I would like to add a few games to my basement and I think I've made up my mind.   After watching one of John's old pin reviews, I've decided on nbafb.  I've yet to play one but the game looks awesome!   And the theme is fine for me as I love basketball.   Espically the whole 90's era.   Add the fact that I think I could probably get one for under 2 grand, I think I've found a winner.
     I've been on a hiatus from work for a bit but I'm going back to the show next week.   I won't really have the funds for one probably a month.  But that will give me some time to do some research.  I also just moved so I'm in the process of setting up a new workspace, so that will keep me tied up for a bit.
     So why am I here?   Well, I was just looking for any info you guys can give on the title.  Maybe what I should actually be paying for one.   Is there anything to look for when buying?  Do they have a quirks to be aware of?   Any parts I should be keeping my eye out for that I will most likely be needing that only pop up here and there?
    Really looking forward to this one.  Johns video was pretty inspiring.   I think I would like to get my hands on an NBA Jam too if the price is right.   I think they would look nice next to each other.   
     I've already been looking at nbafb posts on pinside but I don't want to put it out there on their forum seeing how I don't have the funds in hand yet.
     Any advice/info is appreciated guys.   And if anyone is looking to sell theirs in a month or so, maybe we can strike a .   Thanks guys. 
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 02:50:16 pm »

I would like to add a few games to my basement and I think I've made up my mind.   After watching one of John's old pin reviews, I've decided on nbafb.  I've yet to play one but the game looks awesome!   And the theme is fine for me as I love basketball.   Espically the whole 90's era.   Add the fact that I think I could probably get one for under 2 grand, I think I've found a winner.
     I've been on a hiatus from work for a bit but I'm going back to the show next week.   I won't really have the funds for one probably a month.  But that will give me some time to do some research.  I also just moved so I'm in the process of setting up a new workspace, so that will keep me tied up for a bit.
     So why am I here?   Well, I was just looking for any info you guys can give on the title.  Maybe what I should actually be paying for one.   Is there anything to look for when buying?  Do they have a quirks to be aware of?   Any parts I should be keeping my eye out for that I will most likely be needing that only pop up here and there?
    Really looking forward to this one.  Johns video was pretty inspiring.   I think I would like to get my hands on an NBA Jam too if the price is right.   I think they would look nice next to each other.   
     I've already been looking at nbafb posts on pinside but I don't want to put it out there on their forum seeing how I don't have the funds in hand yet.
     Any advice/info is appreciated guys.   And if anyone is looking to sell theirs in a month or so, maybe we can strike a .   Thanks guys. 

I love NBAFB!!! I think it's the most bang for your buck late model Bally/Williams pin. Other pins from the same exact era go for $8,000. It's a loaded game and a lot of fun. And, you can link two of them together for head to head play!

I think the sweet spot for that pin is $1,500 working and nice.
Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 09:15:39 pm »

Hey, 1500 sounds even better.   Seems like the more videos I watch on it, the more I want it.   Really like the announcer voice in it.   Sounds like the same dude from nba jam.  Boomshakalaka!   Give me a shout John when you need to make some more space for Vids.   I'll gladly take yours off your hands. 
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 09:30:53 pm »

Hey, 1500 sounds even better.   Seems like the more videos I watch on it, the more I want it.   Really like the announcer voice in it.   Sounds like the same dude from nba jam.  Boomshakalaka!   Give me a shout John when you need to make some more space for Vids.   I'll gladly take yours off your hands. 

Ha! I think it's safe to say NBAFB will be here for a long time. It's a keeper for me!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: