John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:28:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mario Bros in a DK/Popeye cab  (Read 1802 times)
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« on: November 16, 2015, 09:22:36 am »

So I have a recently acquired Mario bros board. I would like to put in to a popeye or dk cab. (I think Mario is horizontal so I am guessing a popeye cab)
Does anyone know if the pin out is the same? I looked on arcade museum and it looks the same except for 24 volts where the 12 volts is for the 'coin counter'? I have the 3 in 1 switcher boards that work for Nintendo cabs. Has anyone ever put one of these boards in a popeye with a switcher?
There is also just the one joystick on the control panel.
Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 09:51:12 am »

The pinouts are identical according to Mike's Arcade:

https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/spies.cgi?action=url&type=pinout&page=Nintendo_Classic.html

So, it should work.
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 08:43:16 pm »

Cool. Thanks. We will see what happens. I will post hopefully awesome results. My home basement brewcade is coming along for the holidays.

BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 12:20:33 am »

To update on this topic: I have the 4 in 1 boards for dk from vector labs. Stupid me, I didn't check to see all the Nintendo boards that it is compatible with before I posted this string. Dk, Dk jr., dk3, popeye, and Mario are all compatible. That being said, I have had issue with the boards since I bought them. I put Mario in with popeye and both boards were acting up. Eventually I checked the voltage and.......4.6 vdc. Shit....the board issue is my voltage.
I have to say, it is pretty cool to see Mario start up in that cab. Before it cut out and restarted.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: