John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:56:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pole position scrolling finish line  (Read 2539 times)
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2015, 06:42:14 pm »

I hope someone has some insight. I have a sit down pole position. Been working well in my garage for the last month or so. I decided to move it to the basement. No jarring or drops. I did stand it up on end to make a turn at the bottom of the stairs. When I turned it on, it started with a thin line popping up sporatically while driving. Now it looks like a distorted finish line scrolling on the right 3/4 of the screen every second or two.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on?
Thanks for any help on this.

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 10:54:17 pm »

Simple stuff first....

Reseat or push on all chips and reseat the edge connector.

Checking voltages is also a good idea.
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 11:29:46 pm »

Tried reseating everything, twice. Nada. I am not sure where to check all the voltages on this thing. I'm getting the schematics to see whats going on. This is my first atari.

VertexGuy
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 09:35:33 am »

I hope someone has some insight. I have a sit down pole position. Been working well in my garage for the last month or so. I decided to move it to the basement. No jarring or drops. I did stand it up on end to make a turn at the bottom of the stairs. When I turned it on, it started with a thin line popping up sporatically while driving. Now it looks like a distorted finish line scrolling on the right 3/4 of the screen every second or two.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on?
Thanks for any help on this.

Check the connectors on the steering opto, shifter, pedals and coindoor.
if its getting any interference it will show up on the screen.. by interference I mean two wires really close to each other that might touch when you shift, steer or apply pedal.
also check the marquee lights.
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 09:33:18 pm »

I reseated all the connectors. Repositioned the wires and now it seems to work ok. I get a glitch now and then. I do have this weird wave on the upper right edge of the screen. Looks like water rolling down the edge. Its the black edge that is moving. Really strange. I can play it. But I can't get pole position... Dam

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 08:58:48 am »

Sounds like the monitor is having trouble filling the screen. Have you capped the monitor?

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 10:02:24 am »

No. The tube has bad burn in it (game over). I need to get a new one but I will try a cap kit. Never seen a small wave just on the black edge of the screen before. I will try the cap kit. Thanks for the insight.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: