John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:05:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pole position II (atari's satan)  (Read 1825 times)
Josh1123

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2016, 06:47:58 pm »

My question isn't why is my cabinet not working? It is when does this game work? Many people know that this game is a nightmare to maintain or repair. I have a cabinet that i cannot get anywhere with. After 4 years of owning it, im at a stand still. I have adjusted both ARII boards to 5 volts. I performed the sense mod to the boards. Still nothing. I have tried the 5 volt "bulletproofing" from the board to the wires before the edge connector. Still nothing. What do i have to work with? Well, i get a scrambled image of the intro screen, and nothing else. No sound. However, last time i tinkered with it before today, like 5 months back i had game sounds. This was on another video board that had ram issues and would only boot to a scrambled test screen where i could play sound effects. Now i dont even have that. I changed boards and only bave that scambled logo screen. No sound. Help please. Im ready to toss the towel in and have an entire rebuild of it.
CLHelms

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 08:33:26 pm »

Ian fixed my ppII nightmare... if he ever gets back to repairing them I would talk to him.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 12:16:50 pm »

The PCB has many custom chips. If those are bad you're never gonna figure it out.

Send it to Ian or start buying more boards to swap.
Josh1123

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 08:28:21 pm »

I have tried reaching out several times to Dick M, and Ian K. Both still have not replied back to me. I just really want this game going already. Could anyone send out some other connections as to who can repair these boards?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 02:04:31 am »

I don't recall having talked to you, i reply back to every email and i have been quick to reply to repair emails with a "i can't take any repairs at this time"

the game booting to just garbage is a telltale sign that the game is either A, incapable of writing to video ram or much more likely, is not starting up the z80 at all. Normally this is caused from battery acid damage. You have to fix the battery damage before all else.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: