John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:02:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LOOKING FOR A NEO GEO GAME GURU ...  (Read 1308 times)
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« on: May 08, 2014, 12:50:24 pm »

I remember playing a neo geo game, that I can't find online on any lists, I can't remember the name...

it was a golf game, but not your normal type of golf... it was for lack of a better word... like a wizards golf... you played against the elements... it had crazy storms lightning and water / river crossings... ect...

I don't remember if it was against a timer or limited stroke play...

I haven't been able to find anything on this, and its  killing me... any ideas where to look?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 02:02:26 pm »

There is two golf games that i know of
Neo turf master
and
top players golf

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
VertexGuy
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 03:17:48 pm »

I remember playing a neo geo game, that I can't find online on any lists, I can't remember the name...

it was a golf game, but not your normal type of golf... it was for lack of a better word... like a wizards golf... you played against the elements... it had crazy storms lightning and water / river crossings... ect...

I don't remember if it was against a timer or limited stroke play...

I haven't been able to find anything on this, and its  killing me... any ideas where to look?

I remember this game and I don't think its for neo geo.
I think its called wicked 18.. I had it for the 3DO I think
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 04:30:00 pm »

defiantly not wicked 18...

I am leaning towards it being a NEO sample or prototype or something that was never release / imported...

the Golfland in my area had some different prototype and samples over the years from NEO GEO and more so Capcom...

I remember playing it with Cross Swords in the GEO cab... It had that style or flavor of graphics

it wasn't conventional golf at all... even the player was a short troll like character...

pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 06:42:30 pm »

I just confirmed with a long time friend ( ex producer for Bandai ) our local Golfland was a " test " honey hole for SNK and indeed I could have been playing a prototype or a game that never was released or manufactured...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: