John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:29:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Galaxian color issues  (Read 1395 times)
dreich

View Profile
« on: March 07, 2016, 09:55:40 pm »

So after getting Ms. Pacman working i decided to take a crack at Galaxian.

I started by rebuilding the power supply as some parts were clearly missing.

I then got a high-score save / Rom board replacement from arcade.souzaonline.com as i had several Rom errors before and thought id get the
upgrade for troubleshooting and high scores.

Long story short the game now works (in Ms. Pacman) as my Galaxian monitor is waiting on some purity adjustments.
The problem i am having is the Blue rows of ships are gray while all the other colors seem ok.
I'm thinking the Blue drive may be down or its an issue with some of the other rom chips

My question is should i expect color ROM issues or monitor issues.

Now for the Galaxian monitor (not different from the one above) its a GO7- CAO that i rebuilt and did a tube swap in as the original tube had
a broken neck.  My question with that is if anyone has any advice for generating a red field to help adjust the purity.  

I think that is all thanks!

*Update the color issue is not the monitor just checked the color drives*
on all the ships the blue wings are still dark blue, but the light blue ships are defiantly gray so fixing the gray ships is my concern*
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:15:56 pm by dreich » Logged
TheGuru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 07:44:25 am »

check the color PROM (82S123 @6L) and the nearby logic chips.

dreich

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 02:57:00 pm »

*Update*
Game is playing perfectly now after learning the hard way that purity needs to be adjusted with the monitor facing magnetically north/south.  So after readjusting it Galaxian now works perfectly.  Now to fix Eyes which is proving to be more difficult to get working as there is little troubleshooting info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: