John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:56:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FLUX Pen  (Read 921 times)
StevesArcade

Its NOT impossible!

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2015, 11:43:23 am »

Hey guys.  I was looking on amazon and there are a lot of Flux pens available.  Can you recommend a good one? John which one do you use and recommend?
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 02:38:53 pm »

I don't know if it's considered good or not since I have no frame of reference, this is the only one I ever bought, but it worked fine for me and the ratings at least suggest it is good:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080X79HG
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 01:08:40 pm »

Generally I recommend No-clean since like it says you can just leave it after you are done without having to wash it off. Rosin will slowly eat away at the PCB but it is a much better flux than no-clean.

There are water soluble fluxes that are kind of inbetween no-clean and rosin for their strength but unlike rosin this can be washed off with tap water and some scrubbing.

I prefer using dispenser bottles with the liquid in them and a fine needle tip over using the flux pen as the pens dry up and the tips fall apart quickly with use.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: