John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:03:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ninja Jajamaru Kun -- Who has tried burning these ROMs???  (Read 4156 times)
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2011, 12:50:39 am »

I think I am going to burn a set of Ninja Jajamaru Kun ROMs in the next week or so. It seems to use a unique PPU but I am sure I can get it to work decently by trying some other PPUs with it. Maybe the colors will be off slightly, but it should still play. I tried this game in MAME and it's aight. But, it would be cool to play on a real cab. Anyone else try this game yet?

lilman573

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 08:09:16 pm »

Haven't tried to burn them, but actually picked up a set from KLOV.

I think you are in the same I am with Mighty Bomb Jack, they use a unique PPU.  The RC2C05 series PPUs return some sort of value to the program or cpu and they won't start up without the correct PPU.

Let me know if you get it to work, and i will try all my PPUs on mighty bomb jack again.
lilman573

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 09:39:49 am »

Grin This is where you post a picture of Mighty Bomb Jack!!! 
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:02:28 pm »

Grin This is where you post a picture of Mighty Bomb Jack!!! 

So, the game will not start without the correct PPU?? Is this game cool?
lilman573

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 10:54:19 am »

No, it will go to a grey screen.  Pretty much the same it did when i burned Mighty Bomb Jack for myself.  Not too much going on there.

I like the game.  I had it on a multi Nintendo cart 110 in 1 back in the day.  It was a famico release only, so i don't think many people knew about it.  I got to play goonies 1 on that cart as well.  I guess i was pretty lucky.  I still have that cart and play it!!

I enjoy the game. You kill your enemies and collect there souls.  Pretty straight forward but it gets harder as the levels progress.  You should check it out on mame just to see what its like.
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 11:01:53 am »

No, it will go to a grey screen.  Pretty much the same it did when i burned Mighty Bomb Jack for myself.  Not too much going on there.

I like the game.  I had it on a multi Nintendo cart 110 in 1 back in the day.  It was a famico release only, so i don't think many people knew about it.  I got to play goonies 1 on that cart as well.  I guess i was pretty lucky.  I still have that cart and play it!!

I enjoy the game. You kill your enemies and collect there souls.  Pretty straight forward but it gets harder as the levels progress.  You should check it out on mame just to see what its like.

That's really interesting. I was wondering if Mighty Bomb Jack would work with another PPU. I had no idea. On some of the other games only the colors are wrong if you use the wrong PPU.
lilman573

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 03:45:01 pm »

Well, pretty much with any of the RP2C04 and RC2C03B series PPUs, only the color pallets are different.

With the RC2C05 series (1-4) the PPU returns some sort of value and works with one games programming only. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: