John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 11:58:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Target Terror Conversion Arcade Machine HELP  (Read 2805 times)
majorchaoz

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2016, 10:27:44 pm »

okay, so i picked up a free target terror conversion(open case) machine with jamma. Im a total beginner but trying to understand this. I tried to turn it on but all that it says is no signal. I checked the atx power supply wire and saw it was messed up took it out used a paperclip on the green and black wire to test the power supply and it works fine but when its plugged in i get no spinning of any fans. I have no clue what to do but really wanna get this working badly!!
mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 02:24:54 pm »

Glad you posted. Welcome.

Describe to me this paper clip trick. You shorted the wires? And got....a spark?   I recommend getting a multimeter. Change the multi meter to DC, plug the black cable of your multimeter to the ground and then take your red wire and go to the others and check your voltages.

This should help you:

If you don't get what you need, consider replacing your power supply. Also go through and check your connections to make sure they are good. You can do a "Continuity test" or "ohm it out" between points of the wires. Sometimes connectors go bad if they've been plugged in and out a lot.  If you get the multimeter with the audible continuity test, it'll make your life a lot easier. When you have continuity it will beep.

As we talked last night, we know the monitor has power. But it's not getting a video signal. So that makes me want to check 2 things before going too far in depth. I'd first check the cable for the video signal and reconnect it. Then I'd check to make sure that the computer/board is actually turning on. Some boards have LEDs that come on when they have power. I'd want to verify both first before I suspect anything wrong with the board.

Good luck!
majorchaoz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 12:35:56 am »

okay after careful looking and taking the screwdriver to the jumper pins all fans turned on but noticed a burnt out capacitor. It looks like the only one burned out but how do i test everything and if its the only one that needs replacement, how easy is it to replace it. also If its more than jsut the one big capacitor and i need to replace the motherboard can it be replaced with a different one because model m7ncg400 is out of stock everywhere and NOT cheap. looking to spend 25 -30 tops!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: