John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:14:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time Pilot board issues  (Read 822 times)
adamtoth

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2016, 04:28:43 pm »

Hey everyone,

I installed a high score save kit on my Time Pilot (had to desolder z80 and solder a socket for daughter card), and then sooooo stupidly plugged in the edge connector backwards. I saw the game boot up to garbled video, realized my mistake, and quickly shut it off.

When I switched it back proper, it booted up, displayed garbled video, and had no sound with the high score kit daughter card.

I removed the high score kit, put back a regular z80 in the new socket, and now it has sound, but still garbled video. I must have fried something on the board. There are no obvious signs of anything burnt or discolored traces, the board is quite clean.

Anything I can check to start eliminating culprits?

I am thinking that a pair of diodes that are in-line just after the 12v pin on the edge connector might be toast. How do I test those? Those have 135 printed on them.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: