John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 05:20:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Johns guide to 'labor of love'  (Read 1295 times)
BadMonkey

View Profile WWW
« on: February 10, 2015, 02:54:10 pm »

As valentines day approaches, we think of those we love: wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, classic arcades. One year ago I purchased my first machine. This saturday, I am picking up number 14. I am still a beginner. The burn on my finger from a resistor that pac-man gave me last night reminds me of this. Oftentimes I want to say to hell with this. Acid damage on an mcr2 power supply. The humbar in pacman which is now gone (because there is no picture at all anymore), the flyback that cracked in the middle of my best game ever, or the mysterious floating pixels on pole position now that I finally situated the large cab in my basement. Johns arcade gives me guidance and helps me stay focused on those frustating days. I am reminded that this is a labor of love. And it is never ending.
Thanks John

just rebuilt another g07. On to the vector on Asteroids!
VertexGuy
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 04:48:40 pm »

as valentines day comes up. I do not look forward to turning 44.
http://youtu.be/tq3aNESNjS0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: