John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 15, 2024, 02:28:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! I can't see my screenshots.  (Read 1349 times)
That Retro Guy

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2015, 07:25:30 pm »

I posted this in the Technical Support but got no response, so I'll try here.

In the High Scores thread that I started in the appropriate sub-forum, I stated that I will be playing DK, D2K, and DK Jr., as they were meant to be played using the official settings set by Twin Galaxies.

I'd like to take screenshots (not for submission to TG; I'll never be that good), but to post here so people don't think that I'm making scores up.

My problem:  I play on MAME using my PC (Windows 7).  When I press Print Screen and then open Paint and then hit Paste, the picture is all black.  I even tried Alt-Print Screen to take a screenshot of the open window.  Nothing but black.

What am I doing wrong? [/quote]

-----

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons . . . for you are crunchy and good with catsup.

-----

Yes, I changed my handle.  I was never really happy with Vidiot.

-----
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 07:39:55 pm »

Press F12 to save a screen capture of your game in progress. All saved screen captures end up in the snap folder that lives in the MAME directory. Most MAME front-ends use the contents of this directory to access screenshots and show you what the game looks like before you choose to play it.

SOURCE:

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/MAME/Special_Keys
That Retro Guy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 08:26:49 pm »

OK.  I'll try it!  Thanks!   Grin

Edit:  It works!  Screenshots are now working!

Thanks, John!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 01:55:20 pm by Vidiot » Logged

-----

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons . . . for you are crunchy and good with catsup.

-----

Yes, I changed my handle.  I was never really happy with Vidiot.

-----
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: