John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 16, 2024, 12:47:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Johns arcade forums the new KLOV?  (Read 5212 times)
Homey244

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2014, 03:08:40 pm »

Been getting alot of good info on here lately, there seems to be alot of good members on here with good info.  But without the incessant bitching, whining, and general cuntness of some of the KLOV members who do nothing but complain and cause drama. Which leads to my question. Is the Johns Arcade forums the new KLOV? The only thing lacking are the endless supply of archived threads to draw from, but that will come with time. So what do you think? Love the vids John. I learn alot from them, and they amuse me. The podcast is just stupid and i love it, ive heard them all.  hours of amusement on my commutes and trips. See ya.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 04:19:44 pm »

I have almost completely stopped going to KLOV for any reason at all. Good tech threads are pretty rare there and I generally don't like the drama there. We don't moderate much here and I'm happy that we have a great community here. I hope we get more people to come and attribute to the information we already have here. I hope John can agree that we won't let drama happen.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 04:52:30 pm »

I have almost completely stopped going to KLOV for any reason at all. Good tech threads are pretty rare there and I generally don't like the drama there. We don't moderate much here and I'm happy that we have a great community here. I hope we get more people to come and attribute to the information we already have here. I hope John can agree that we won't let drama happen.

I've been running forums forever. I've been pretty lucky to not have had too much drama. Just set the tone to "fun", don't make a lot of silly rules, and let people be themselves. Smiley
rom1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 05:18:24 pm »

I've been running forums forever. I've been pretty lucky to not have had too much drama. Just set the tone to "fun", don't make a lot of silly rules, and let people be themselves. Smiley

Stupid rules bring stupid people too  ;)

French arcade collector...)
Jeutel 1 player (jamma)
Bally Old Chicago
Atari SF Rush Extrem Raciing (lcd)
Megatouch 2005
Taito crazy Balloon (WIP)
Outrun Mini
Rit Legno: Italian Neo Geo
SEGA GREMLIN Carnival
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 05:44:09 pm »

#funklov

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
rom1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 05:59:03 pm »

WCFLOV (We Care a Fucking List Of Videogames )  Cheesy

French arcade collector...)
Jeutel 1 player (jamma)
Bally Old Chicago
Atari SF Rush Extrem Raciing (lcd)
Megatouch 2005
Taito crazy Balloon (WIP)
Outrun Mini
Rit Legno: Italian Neo Geo
SEGA GREMLIN Carnival
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 06:17:10 pm »

Remember that time me and Space Avenger were bumping old threads.. and typing in white.. LOL... ahhh the memories

-------
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2014, 06:29:11 pm »

it drove me crazy that day

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
Stevefromalbany

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 09:46:43 pm »

what stuped people you guys calling me stuped now
DaCord421

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 11:25:28 am »

You know what I think? Both are good but here is a hell of a lot better than KLOV. Besides, John's forums kick ass better.

Oh and my name is pronounced Day-Cord.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: