John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 18, 2024, 08:08:59 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitor droopy picture :SOLVED:  (Read 7592 times)
TimeRunner

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 09:36:09 am »

Bob replied this morning and said finding a clunker chassis to scavenge was the best bet so I'm working picking one of the two that are on eBay. Of the two choices there's a cheapie for $30 but man you gotta love it when someone uses the absolute sh*ttiest camera ever to take a picture of something they want to sell online.

This may be the world's most expensive 10k ohm potentiometer, ever.
TimeRunner

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 03:57:54 pm »

Made an offer on the other "better photo" chassis and got it. Guess I'll order a new Millipede CPO and trackball replacement parts to keep myself occupied in the meantime.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2014, 10:41:09 pm »

i guess i don't understand exactly but why are you buying a dead chassis to get a 10k pot when they cost literally a dime?

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
TimeRunner

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2014, 11:20:27 pm »

i guess i don't understand exactly but why are you buying a dead chassis to get a 10k pot when they cost literally a dime?

LOL I do what Bob says. That particular pot is not available anymore per Bob. If you have a link to the same pot where it costs $.10 please feel free to share.

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2014, 11:26:32 pm »

If you can measure the spacing of the holes I'll find you one.

P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2014, 04:23:26 pm »

Or you can just mount it anywhere you want an hook it up with wires instead of it being soldered directly to the board. Hey a 10K pot is a 10K pot no matter how you hook it up or where you mount it.
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2014, 04:39:45 pm »

That's a really good idea.

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 01:41:58 am »

hmmm i never thought monitor adjustments would be such a challenge to novice and experts alike!

story time, my two arcade operator and repair friends respectively could not figure out how to get the picture right with an odd game PCB. in the end they ended up telling me that it was a strange sync issue and my monitor just was not compatible. i thought i knew what it was but i didn't dare tell them what i thought as they tons more experience than i did. long story short after they left and i was alone i adjusted the horizontal sync and go the board to display perfectly.

i could tell you a hundred difficult things with arcade machines but adjusting the monitor comes so easy for me. i think it's all about having the "eye" as i do graphic design work.

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 07:52:55 am »

It's possible your game isn't compatible, I have come across that issue with older games.

alby13

Jamma Cabinet FTW

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 05:47:27 pm »

It's possible your game isn't compatible, I have come across that issue with older games.

who me? like i said, i adjusted the monitor and it was in fact compatible. these operators are just not used to adjusting the H sync at all. i think once it is set right it works on any game you throw at it unless it is a bootleg

-alby13
"Go home and be a family man!"
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: