John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:16:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Sprint Power Supply  (Read 885 times)
drowe719

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2014, 04:26:07 pm »

New to fixing arcade games but have dabbled in pins.  I have a Super Sprint I'm going to restore.  It's been sitting for at least 7 years.  It got parked when the monitor went bad (or so I thought).  FYI...when the monitor quit working I could still hear the sounds of the game.

7 years later......I fire the game up and no monitor or sounds at all.  After doing some research on hear I choose to pick up a new power supply and see if it would be the fix I needed.  After hooking everything up I turned on the game.  The LEDS on the boards lit for at least 5 seconds than shut off because the power supply went dead (nice smoke smell as well).  I disconnected everything and started doing some testing on the power supply with a multimeter.  AC 119.8 v in.  Hooked it up to the power supply (nothing else hooked up).  DC 5+ read nothing and the smoke began to roll.  Thought I was behind a diesel truck.

I looked at the schematic for the game and noticed it shows +15 VDC on some of pin-outs?
OK guys.  I obviously need a new power supply but does anyone have any direction to give a newbie?  Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: