John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:24:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Need help on installing a video amplifier
What am I doing wrong - 0 (0%)
Can someone help me - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SWE1 Video Amplifier  (Read 1178 times)
clarksonrj

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2013, 08:09:09 pm »

Hi,
I have the SWE1 pin and the video is faint so I found your video on how to put in the video amplifier from that UK Company. I loved the explanation and tutorial that was posted on the Internet as it was very straight forward and helped me a lot. I ordered the same kit for my pin and tried to do the upgrade today. Well I had problems. The plug on the monitor card was not exactly the same as your pin as it had extra pins (10 pin connector) that worked out to be every other one on the header pins. The bottom one was marked “red” the next was not then the next one was marked Green and the next was not and so on. Each wire in my video cable had a colored coax wire for each pin and partner pin next to it. The unmarked pins were used for the shielding on each individual colored wire in the cable. I tried every combination possible to hook them up to the amplifier but the best I could do was get a very distorted picture that wiggled all around or got only a 1 inch line of distortion. I checked the post on the back of the new amplifier card like the video explained and I had 4.88 volts so I did not try running a 5 volt power line to it. I did run a separate ground to a grounding stud on the back of the monitor. Nothing helped. Does anyone know what I did wrong or do I need to do more or ??
Thanks for any help that someone can give me.
Rick Clarkson
904-413-7307
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: