John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:15:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nintendo Vs. Castlevania  (Read 1700 times)
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« on: June 11, 2013, 03:21:43 pm »

Hey fellas,

I have a Nintendo vs. Unisystem. It works great; after i would say for about an hour or close to an hour of play. The monitor will flicker, machine does not reset the picture is still good, sound is still good. But it will flicker every couple of seconds.

What would cause this problem?

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

Boards: Vs. Goonies, Vs. Super Mario Bros,
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 10:36:04 am »

Hey fellas,

I have a Nintendo vs. Unisystem. It works great; after i would say for about an hour or close to an hour of play. The monitor will flicker, machine does not reset the picture is still good, sound is still good. But it will flicker every couple of seconds.

Could be any number of things... Just taking a guess... When it flickers are you hearing any kind of clicking sound? Wondering if you have a bad flyback on the monitor.
godfather

King Of The Castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 11:06:13 pm »

Hey fellas,

Could be any number of things... Just taking a guess... When it flickers are you hearing any kind of clicking sound? Wondering if you have a bad flyback on the monitor.

No clicking sound that i can hear. The game still plays and the in game music still plays as it is doing this as well

Dedicated: Turbo Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Ms Pac Man, 3, VS. Castlevania, Space Invaders Deluxe

Boards: Vs. Goonies, Vs. Super Mario Bros,
buffett

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 02:43:02 am »

if it has not had a cap kit it is time for one.

if you need parts i have them.

post some pics to see what chassis you have.

if you need it fixed and it is a sanyo you can send it in.

visit my site thearcadebuffett.com.
visit my youtube channel to see what i do. http://www.youtube.com/user/buffett1978

Peace
Buffett

Come to MAGfest and game in the 24-7 arcade for 4 days. www.magfest.org And see my collection of 90+ Arcades and growing.
Need your (K7000, 4900, std/med res 13"-25") or Sanyo fixed!!!! pm me.
Visit my website. The Arcade Buffett For Monitor and PCB repairs.
Fully rebuilt chassis ready to ship.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: