John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:04:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Donkey kong screen jumble.  (Read 1930 times)
mattcandraw

View Profile WWW
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:44:27 am »

Hey John.

(Sent you an email before i saw you have this awesome forum so just going to repost here)
Huge fan. been following your videos for over a year now while i try to finish my hometheatre/game room reading every last article you have on here for as much advice as i can get.

I was wondering if i could show you an image and see if you ever encountered something like this or not. It is a screen when it boots up. The seller of the machine says it stays like this for a couple of minutes before it kicks into the title screen and doesn't happen again.

I thought it was really cool that the seller of the game showed this but wanted to make sure that this is n't the beginning of the end for a machine i am interested in purchasing.

Any help or knowledge would be most appreciated! And many thanks for all the videos you put up. THey are always so interesting and informative.

John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 06:45:33 pm »

It could be the horizontal hold pot on the monitor. There is also some screen adjustment pots on the main PCB. It's hard to say. Probably not the end of the world if the price for the game is right.
virtvic

It's on...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 02:57:22 pm »

If you don't have that hold pot in the correct position it can start up like that.  Give it a (careful) twiddle!
buffett

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 02:54:23 am »

that is a H-Hold issue.

the pot is behind the flyback.

Peace
Buffett

Come to MAGfest and game in the 24-7 arcade for 4 days. www.magfest.org And see my collection of 90+ Arcades and growing.
Need your (K7000, 4900, std/med res 13"-25") or Sanyo fixed!!!! pm me.
Visit my website. The Arcade Buffett For Monitor and PCB repairs.
Fully rebuilt chassis ready to ship.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: