John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:48:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: someone here plz help me with my dirt dash arcade  (Read 2912 times)
oscar-hernandez1983

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2016, 08:52:46 pm »

I bought a namco dirt dash dedicated cab on the cheap I bought it from an auction online. I loaded the cab I borrow father's in law truck ended up breaking the back window cost me 300 bucks to replaced Angry. I got home put some quarters since it didn't have the keys everything seemed fine except the steering wheel was out of wack. Anyways I got the cab into the basement plugged it up so I can adjust the steering wheel the picture was corrupted garbage. Im not very good at soldering or finding out what's wrong but I'm willing to learn. This cab has given me nothing but headaches. I cant find any spare boards for this system.I hope someone out there can help me fix this. Thanks in advance  ;) I will post some pics shortly
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 09:30:49 pm »

Do you have access to the back door? If not, you are going to have to break in.
oscar-hernandez1983

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 09:33:18 pm »

Yes I do I have the cage open as well last week I cleaned all 4 pcb and I mean I shined all the legs
oscar-hernandez1983

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 09:37:15 pm »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cU1O_Xm9Ges
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:42:03 pm by oscar-hernandez1983 » Logged
oscar-hernandez1983

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 12:42:25 pm »

Pretty sure it's an eprom  Huh?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 02:19:22 pm »

start with the basics.
Pull the game PCB out and take it over to a table
using a flat head screw driver, VERY GENTLY remove every socketed chip you can find on the PCB. Dont go prying the chip out. just stick the screw driver under one side, and then do the same on the other. once you have it up a bit you can get the screw driver the whole way under and lift straight up.

Every chip you are going to want to take it out, inspect the legs, looking for bent or broken pins.
After each chip looks good put it back into the socket gently. once its lined up with no pins bent and in most of the way give it a firm but not too hard push into the socket. You may get lucky and something just came loose from moving the game. It happens all the time.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
oscar-hernandez1983

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 02:43:11 pm »

hey Ian thanks for the advice perhaps I really think one of the chips might of have damaged. do you care if I message you?
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 03:34:25 pm »

of course I don't mind. I'm here to help.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
TheGuru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 08:01:38 am »

Dirt Dash is Namco Super System 22. 4 boards plugged into in a metal cage with custom connectors. All the PCBs are surface mounted and there's tons of RAM on each PCB. It's impossible to work on it while powered up because the boards are not accessible and it won't work at all if even one PCB is removed.
Super System 22 is a pig to repair. I know, I have all of the SS22 games and a very large box full of spare PCBs).
Your only course is find another working board set or buy the individual PCBs and swap them one at a time.
All the PCBs are identical across all of the games on that system so you can use any board from any game, but the ROM board is all surface mounted so you can't just swap ROMs, you must swap the entire PCB.
You can swap the small program ROM board that plugs into the CPU board and the EPROMs and protection chip which are all socketed to another CPU board and try that. If still no luck, swap out each of the other PCBs (video board, DSP board).
Those PCBs are really only repairable by the most die-hard repair experts... and no that's not including me ;-)

oscar-hernandez1983

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 10:08:29 am »

Thanks the guru I ended up buying another working board I think I paid a little too much but I guess it was alright. Maybe paying someone to fix it would have cost me more now I have to do a cap kit on the chassis.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: