John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:28:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TMNT Monitor Need! Plus  (Read 2779 times)
hidefanlovely

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2016, 07:35:27 am »

Okay, Greetings Folks How are you?

I am here to search for a 25 inch CRT Monitor. My needs are: Good shape Monitor, with chassis and screws.
Now my preference is a Monitor and Chassis that matches the Turtles Arcade from the factory, however,
I will take as close as possible whatever that is. My Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has been off and dusty for
far too long and It needs to be brought back to life. I am also going to throw in a need for Turtles Joysticks and buttons.
I believe they are Wico Brand. Also if anyone knows where to find New Old art for the cab or Reasonably accurate Repro I would appreciate it.
If anyone has a Monitor in good shape they want to let go of and can offer a fair price then lets talk, Thank you for your attention.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 07:44:38 am by hidefanlovely » Logged
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 11:34:29 am »

What happened to the old monitor? Still have it?
hidefanlovely

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 10:47:44 pm »

No Unfortunately the monitor I had for it got broke while moving it and had to throw it out, I couldn't fix it cause the yoke was broke clean off.
P-feif

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 10:59:33 pm »

Well that's only the picture tube the rest can be salvaged. You can swap in another tube or use the parts to bring another monitor back to life. Did you save any of it?
hidefanlovely

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 03:03:28 pm »

Unfortunately no, When the tube broke I didn't know better and I just took it to the dump. This was around 2006. So yeah I need all of it replaced.
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 06:36:23 pm »

You will have to rebuild the joysticks. The new centering grommet is $9.50
I got my Art from game on graphics. I thought the CPO was very thin and not nearly as sticky as the original. The colors seem spot on and looks great. I have some areas on the edges were the CPO is peeling up, but it might be my fault. I didn't buy side art, but people use their side art a lot. I also see CPO and marquee on eBay cheaper. But, I felt that Game On Graphics had much better looking colors and cleaned up noise.
hidefanlovely

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2016, 10:56:51 pm »

Thank you very much.  So i hope there is hope to find a monitor and chassis and steel cage for the monitor along with bolts. I wonder if jacking a monitor and chassis from a Simpsons arcade would or could fit my TMNT Arcade Machine? Just to remind folks my purpose here is to really find a 25" monitor and chassis for the system and i don't need those new flat ones. Once again i mean as close to the original hardware as possible. Thank you guys!
Worm2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 08:33:26 pm »

Yes, Simpsons monitor will work. Its the exact same cabinet, expect Simpsons has stereo audio and turtles is mono. All hardware between the two are interchangeable.
hidefanlovely

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 11:50:34 pm »

Ah that's awesome news! However, I will still be looking out for one here too. I don't want to put all my eggs into a single basket. know what i mean Vern?
xcaliber

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 08:08:27 pm »

I sent you a pm
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: