John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:47:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Williams defender problem  (Read 1230 times)
Retrogamer1998

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2015, 09:27:34 pm »

Hey guys

Today I picked up a defender cabinet for my dad for Christmas. Yeah I know it's a little late . Anyways I bought an untested board set off of ebay since it didn't have one. The defender had stargate in it and it worked fine. When I put defender in the picture was all glitchy and the game did not coin up. It was making a sound on the title screen so I know the boards aren't shot and the power supply is good and was running stargate just fine. Could it possibly be a problem with the ram? That's what I was told to check into. I would like to get the boards serviced or bulletproofed, whatever it's called, so I can have the game working for him as soon as possible. Any help would be great. Thanks
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 08:06:56 am »

Is it possible to get a photo of the screen? There are lots of reasons a game isn't running and its hard to say which is the exact reason for it. Its possible it is the ram but usually VRAM errors show up in the screen.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Retrogamer1998

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 03:11:42 pm »

Yeah I'll see if he can send me a picture of it. I'm not at his house for two weeks so I'll just see if he can send me a few
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: