John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:39:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your John's Arcade forum username  (Read 4664 times)
Jack Burton

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2015, 09:01:40 pm »

Hello fellow arcade enthusiasts,

I thought it would be fun to know the meaning behind some of our names. So I'll start. I picked the name "Ace" because it's what I pick for my initials on the high score screen. It's the easiest and quickest thing to pick (A-C-E) which appeals to me. Plus I think it's kinda cool. 949 because it's my local area code here in Orange County, CA. John, care to chime in? I think you addressed the "Black Dog" in one of your vids, but that information escapes me. Anyone else, I'd love to hear the meaning behind your names too.

Cheers

Ace
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 09:07:28 pm by ace949 » Logged

-------
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 09:07:20 pm »

no explanation needed

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
Shipwreck

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 10:46:52 am »

Back in the original days of the game Half-Life, I was in a clan in which every member was a character from G.I. Joe. I always like Shipwreck from the cartoon show because he was a little bit of a smart ass. Even though it has been many years since I was in that clan, I still use the name when I play games especially multiplayer games. I also tend to use it for gaming related forums and such.

Picture from the action figure board.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 11:12:26 am by Shipwreck » Logged
Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 12:06:15 pm »

no explanation needed

LOL. I was thinking you may say that ;)

Back in the original days of the game Half-Life, I was in a clan in which every member was a character from G.I. Joe. I always like Shipwreck from the cartoon show because he was a little bit of a smart ass. Even though it has been many years since I was in that clan, I still use the name when I play games especially multiplayer games. I also tend to use it for gaming related forums and such.

Sweet. That's pretty cool. I don't remember Shipwreck, but loved GI Joe

-------
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 08:53:35 am »

This and This merged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZyN5OezGqQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYdebVcZDPw

With a nod to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP78tlr9AhA

Well....you asked, I tried IanKellogg but it was taken.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
DaCord421

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 01:40:31 pm »

Mine is a short version of my first name (Damian-Da <pronounced Day>), short version of my last name (Cordero-Cord) and my birthday (4/21) in the name.

Oh and my name is pronounced Day-Cord.
tombutler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 04:40:51 pm »

my parents gave me this terribly common name.

My old man says my grandpa told him we were originally the prathers.   Story he told was a great great grandpa of his shot someone in the old west and ran from the law changing his name to Butler to stay one step ahead of the pinkertons. 

Jack Burton

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 05:04:33 pm »

Mine is a short version of my first name (Damian-Da <pronounced Day>), short version of my last name (Cordero-Cord) and my birthday (4/21) in the name.

Cordero huh. Do you roll the R on that?

my parents gave me this terribly common name.

My old man says my grandpa told him we were originally the prathers.   Story he told was a great great grandpa of his shot someone in the old west and ran from the law changing his name to Butler to stay one step ahead of the pinkertons. 

That's cool bro. I have a friend with the last name of Butler. She's cool. It's her maiden name too, so additional street cred for you
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:06:37 pm by ace949 » Logged

-------
Guss

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 03:43:50 pm »

Guss...

My parents said when my brother and I were very little; my brother, when he said Scott it would come out as 'Gus'.
So I went with that as a screen name for a 'family friendly', public/event appropriate name in some games and forums. 

Two S's for 'a double dose of pimping'!
(Actually it's because is usually taken...)
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 05:31:39 pm »

mr_rampage is an alias not my normal screen name. Why mr_rampage though? Simply because i felt like picking an arcade kind of name for an arcade forum.

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 08:42:22 pm »

When I started in the education field the kids couldn't remember my name (It's not hard...it's pretty generic). Some of the stoners students were struggling one class during first period so they called me Mr. Dude. The name stuck the entire year and then some and that's how I was known to many other students and even some of the other teachers. I thought it was very endearing of them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: