John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:33:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: PCB Cleaning  (Read 5875 times)
iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 09:36:14 pm »

Another option to try is to get power onto the board around the edge connector. Similar to "bullet broofing" a pole position

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
xcaliber

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 12:07:55 pm »

So I'm finally getting around to this PCB today. I took a look at the "bullet proof" video and I found the ground tabs easily, but the +5 is a different story. I listed some pics and if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

iankellogg
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2015, 01:33:34 pm »

if it isn't labeled +5v do a continuity test between the tab and a known +5V location, such as the edge connector or an IC.

If you can't find any +5V test points (there should be at least one) you can always clip something onto the positive leg of a capacitor after verifying it is +5V using the continuity test.

https://iankellogg.com
Cap kits, eproms, and more
computerfixerguy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 03:01:12 pm »

I had a buddy let me borrow his working pcb and still the same problem. Any suggestions?

So then it's not the board, it's the edge connector. Cut it off and replace it, post haste!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: