John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:05:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Donkey Kong Cocktail I picked up...Will it work?  (Read 7147 times)
VertexGuy
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 02:31:41 pm »

Oh and I found before and after photos of the Big Kong board:

Tighe I have a working SI cocktail boardset if you need one.
mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2014, 10:54:10 am »

Current update as of this morning:

It plays blind. I get varying voltage readings on the board. Usually less than 5v. One spot close to a connector I checked had 5v. The audio has to be cranked all the way up and it is not very loud and with some distortions. Is this a low power issue?
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2014, 01:43:48 pm »

I am a big fan of cocktails as they were quite popular in restaurants when I was a kid in 1980.  I remember playing an asteroids cocktail many times at my favorite pizza joint.

Ya I want to get a row of them and red tents as well. I am a big fan of being able to sit while i game .

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2014, 07:45:15 pm »

I have a feeling I may end up with more cocktails just so I can fit a billiards table in easily...the cue stick will go right over the top!

Anyway, checked the AC voltage coming in: 107.5 V on average. That seems like it should be good, right? As it should be about 100?

mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2014, 10:21:39 pm »

Video update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-XqKWbX6aE
VertexGuy
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 08:51:02 am »

that's not the only voltage you should be checking.
If that was my machine id be hunting a 2nd power supply first , a known working one.
Then id be looking at that monitor real hard. And I also wonder,  something is not making a connection right.
VertexGuy
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 08:52:11 am »

Id love to take a crack at that machine sometime.
too bad im in the middle of moving or id come help you fire that bitch up.
mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2014, 09:09:18 am »

Hey no worries! I'd love the help sometime. I've got a few projects going on at the same time. Cabinet work on my Final Lap, a cap kit to do on the Ms. Pac, and then this. It's like, "What game do I want to play...err...work on?"

Thanks for the comment on the YouTube as well. I'm going to print out the wiring schematics I downloaded as well as the power supply troubleshooting guide to see if I can make heads or tails of it.  I did pull out the monitor last night and just re-seat all of the connections that I could see and the neck board. I still got nothing.
VertexGuy
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2014, 09:47:34 am »

you should dump that ms pac for another cocktail Smiley
Mr_Rampage

Arcade/Coin Op Inventor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2014, 03:35:20 pm »

you should dump that ms pac for another cocktail Smiley

or for a red tent ; )

True restoration is an art form. Like any good artist you have to know what your doing. Painting a single line on a canvas and calling it a masterpiece does not fly in restoring a arcade machine. Do it right
mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2014, 05:44:15 pm »

I'd love a red tent! Especially being a Nintendo fanboy. The Ms. Pac is my wife's contribution to the basement arcade!
mrdude

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2014, 01:04:09 pm »

Video update:
http://youtu.be/glB1O5HVfQs
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: