John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:33:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello Everyone And Wish Me Luck  (Read 1441 times)
CybaPunk

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2017, 04:10:53 am »

Hello and greetings to johns arcade forum

i have dreamed for the last few years of having my own nintendo entertainment system arcade machine

the machine which i have already paid for half is Silver Strike Bowling with a 29 Inch Arcade Monitor [afraid i can't tell you the brand of monitor as im not sure myself all i know is the guy said its working and sells alot of machines and is well known his name is john of Arcade80s.com.au [australian]

i have no history with arcade machines other than playing them ofcourse  Grin

the game in question is quite dead so im getting the cabinet and monitor for a good

as for the control panel do you think it will be hard to take the parts out and sand it back bog fill it before putting in my own controls ? do you see any issues

i am new to soldering but iv been told if i have the right pin out i was told its easy as pie,

any advice tips or know how in this would be VERY apreciated i plan on having it two  player aswel
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 06:01:32 pm by CybaPunk » Logged
John's Arcade
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 12:15:55 pm »

Post some photos and good luck!
CybaPunk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 06:04:30 pm »

Again my project is to turn this dead silver strike bowling machine [dead game, monitor works just fine]
into a nes arcade conversion
CybaPunk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 08:16:31 am »

Going to be learning alot this year i think Cheesy
Kopey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 07:36:21 pm »

Congrats and good luck.  I just recently purchased my first arcade games as well.  It's fun and exciting but a bit frustrating because there's so much to learn.  Anyways, if this was my cabinet, I would honestly just pull that control panel and use it as a template to create a new one.  Measure the thickness (it's probably 3/4" thick) and then go pick up a 2' x 4' piece of plywood.  Trace, cut and then drill the necessary holes etc... for your new panel.  It will be way easier than trying to fill the existing holes and doing all that sanding.  Plus, the original control panel will stay intact in case you ever want to sell the cabinet or get it working as a Silver Strike Bowling again.  Anyways, that's just my two cents but I'm new to the game so perhaps I'm totally way off here with my suggestions.  Either way good luck and keep posting progress pics!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: