John's Arcade Forum - Classic Arcade and Pinball Collecting and Restoring Discussion Forum - RETRO MAME - Nintendo Vs Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:54:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the John's Arcade Forum. Glad you made it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The definition of a "Grail Cab" - Thoughts?  (Read 1513 times)
lesoleil70

zaccaria.co.uk

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2014, 05:08:38 pm »

Over the past month, I've seen posts here and there referring to Grail cab's

I have mine, it's Kasco's The Driver. I don't own one, YET.

I've seen other posts on forum's where people are saying that the term is thrown about too loosely, I've always considered it a personal thing. My Grail is not your Grail, but respect my Grail. However it got me thinking if I was using the term correctly.

For example, user Chuckie Egg recently got his Grail cab - Nintendo Sheriff.   Personally don't care much for the game, but I'm happy he has his Grail, so it's personal IMHO.

Back to the term though, is it a personal grail, or is there a list of such games defined? For example Clutch Hitter, or Rush N Attack!....yes I'm joking.

I just want this matter cleared up in my head so when I use the term, I use it correctly.

Thoughts?

Maybe list your Grail if that's where your opinion sides.

"We don't give the fuck, what the fuck you think of this shit, alright!" - Jacobsen, J. "Arcade Outsiders Ep. 56" http://media.libsyn.com/media/vgo/arcade_out_ep_56.mp3 (12/02/14)
pimppride

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 05:29:22 pm »

personally I think one should keep their grail talk offline, it should be only your close friends who may be into position to come across the said grail, they should know about what your seriously looking out for. ..

publicly, grail talk about what is a rarity in the arcade " game " is going to change based on your knowledge, as I learn more my thoughts of a grail is ever changing and expanding over the time spent collecting or preserving, however you want to look at it. ..
knaagi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 12:28:46 am »

Many people say the term is overused lately, and even though i have my personal grails, i have to agree.
For me those are games i would love to have for differend reasons. They aren't necessarily rare and i don´t care what everbody else is currently after.
One week ago i bought a Missile Command. Not rare at all. Everybody has it, but to me it was a game high on my list. I also bought a Tutankham the same day and i didn´t know how much i love that game until i played it at home. This one will never leave. It somewhat became my ´grail´afterwards  Cheesy

« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 12:31:20 am by knaagi » Logged

"Mach schnell, Dummkopf!"
Retrogamer1998

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 06:17:56 pm »

I would say my grail would be something that I'm really searching for. To me it doesn't have to be rare or extremely valuable. My Mario bros widebody was a machine I wanted for quite a while. I finally have it and I will probably never sell it. Next for me would be an original pac man
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: